Saturday, May 12, 2007

My in laws just left. Would it be totally wrong of me to be glad it's over? Well, I am. They did get Lauren an exersaucer though.

---------------
We spent 4 hours in Urgent care yesterday. WHY do the kids have pediatricians if we will just have to go to UC if one of them is sick?? God I hate the military healthcare system sometimes!! Anyway, Lauren was running a fever, and her eye was totally crusted shut, so I called her ped. They told me she needed to be seen, but they don't make same day appointments, so I had to take her to UC. It's bullshit. I am furious about the whole thing. The good news is, she just has Evan's cold, and the eye thing is most likely a virus. They gave me gel to put in her eye (THAT'S fun) and it seems to have cleared it up already.

---------------
I was asked what was in the box I got from Kate. It wasn't a secret, I was just hoping I could find time to take pics. It didn't happen, so I will just tell you what it was. She sent me a set of make-up bags (the small one works PERFECT for my camera case!!!) with dragonflies on them. For Evan, there was a book and the cutest little wooden puzzle (he asks me to make bears with him constantly!) and for Lauren, there was a pair of pink robeez with cherries on them, and a gorgeous Calvin Klein dress!! She's wearing the dress to church tomorrow, so I will be sure to post pics!

---------------
Hope you all have a peaceful Mother's day!! (((hugs))) to us all.

2 Comments:

At 4:49 PM, Blogger Brenda said...

I hope Lauren is better now.

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY to you as well.

Hugs
xxx

 
At 7:46 PM, Blogger Kathy McC said...

Sorry to hear Lauren was sick. Hope all is better now. I feel you on the parents/in laws leaving thing.

Happy Mothers Day and (((hugs))).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home