Tuesday, March 13, 2007

The last few days have been crazy. Dh is off of work, so we have been trying to get some things done. Yesterday we went to the mall to look for outfits for the kids to get pics taken in, and I needed some jeans (since I have NONE that fit me, and the maternity jeans were getting OLD). When Evan was a baby, we could do anything we wanted, and drag him along happily with us. He was so easy-going. NOT Miss Lauren. First off, she HATES the carseat. And honestly, the way she acts, hate is not a strong enough word. We got one of the sit and stand type strollers and most of the time, we end up pushing the empty stroller while Evan walks, and I carry Lauren. So trying to shop, while trying to keep her happy was a nightmare. We did manage to get the kids their outfits, and I got 2 pairs of jeans. Mission accomplished.
Then we went to Toys R Us to get Evan his bike for his birthday. Long story short, he ended up melting down in the middle of the store, telling us he did not WANT a bike (not even a THOMAS bike). We ended up leaving without one. Of course the minute we got home, he cried because he wanted a bike. UGH!! We may try again another day to get a bike, but I just don't know.
So today we decided to go to the petting zoo since it was supposed to be about 70 degrees out. We got all ready, drove the 20 minutes to get there, and the place was CLOSED. Evan had talked all morning about seeing the animals, and was so excited about it, and the damn place was closed. So we decided to go ahead to Norfolk to the zoo. We got there, got out of the car, and Lauren started crying. We got into the zoo, and I sat down to feed her while Evan played at the fountain. When I was done, I tried to put Lauren in the stroller (carseat) and she started screaming. I decided to try my new sling and see if that worked. That was when I noticed the poop all over her pants. Her very first blow out. This was a blow out to put any Evan ever had to shame!! It was down to her KNEES. So off to the bathroom I went to change her. Evan and dh went ahead and looked at the farm animals while they were waiting on me. After I got her changed, I tried the sling. She HATED it. She screamed like she was being tortured (which meant I had to hear all kinds of comments from everyone passing by). It ended up where I had to just carry her the rest of the time at the zoo. Thank God its a SMALL zoo.
At least Evan was well behaved.
The thing is, I just don't know how to deal with a baby that is not flexible. Evan was so easy going, so this is such a shock. Lauren can be such a sweet baby, but if things don't go exactly how she wants them, she totally melts down.
And here is what I have to make a descision on. Dh had to work on Easter. I really, desperately want to go to SC for Easter. The church mom goes to does a huge egg hunt every year, and I know Evan would love it. Plus most of my family has never met Lauren. Not only that, my brother got engaged on Christmas, and I have NEVER met his fiance. And I desperately NEED to go see Caleb. It has been 10 months since I have been able to go to his grave, and it is killing me. I need to bring something to him. I need to bring his sister to meet him. I can't deal with the guilt of him being so far away much longer. I need to go and check on him. But the thing is, do I think I can make a 5 hour trip with 2 kids, ALONE?? (and yes, I know the trip will end up being alot longer than 5 hours with both kids) I think the descision is pretty much made for me to go, but do I really think I can handle it? Or am I just THAT sleep deprived??

4 Comments:

At 1:11 AM, Blogger Dave Richards said...

Well Easter is surely coming in a while...and it' nice to know that people are getting excited about it...it's a lovely celebration with all our loved ones around...and to share some more of the Easter spirit also drop by my blog on Easter Greetings sometime and enjoy all that i've posted there!!!

 
At 7:21 AM, Blogger MB said...

You can totally do it. Make the trip. I won't promise it will be easy, but it will be worth it. Do it.

Hugs.


PS....Gracie HATED her carseat when she was that age. In fact, Hate is not a strong enough word. She grew out of it pretty quickly when she realized there were times when she had no choice. Lauren will figure it out too.

 
At 2:47 PM, Blogger Rosepetal said...

I don't have any advice, but wanted to give you (((Hugs))). It all sounds very hard.

 
At 2:00 AM, Blogger delphi said...

I hope that you can get to see Caleb soon - I am remiss in my visits to the cemetery, so can relate to that feeling of need. I think BB and I will make the trip this week if the weather is nice!

Also, BB hates his carseat, though will put up with it as long as we are on the move. Stop moving and he screams bloody murder.

SO is that Dave Richards comment just SPAM or what? I laugh - I know 2 men by that name.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home