Saturday, March 24, 2007

PPD and Jumping through hoops

I never got a chance to update after my 6 week pp appointment Monday. Ok, well maybe I had a chance, but I just didn't have the energy to actually post. Anyway, the appointment went fine. I took L with me, and she literally screamed from the second I signed in. It was bad. I brought her a bottle, but she wasn't thrilled by the idea of taking it from me (she takes a bottle from dh fine). My appointment was with the NP, but the NP was apparently working with a med student. She came in and asked if it was ok with me if I saw the med student instead of her. I said it was ok. Of course I was actually freaking out at that point because I had finally gotten up the courage to mention the possibility of PPD, and now I wasn't sure what to do. The student came in, and she was actually pretty cool. I managed to bring up how overwhelmed, and anxious, and just defeated I was feeling lately, and she agreed it was probably depression. She gave me a RX for Prozac since that is what I was on before (when Caleb died) and it seemed to really help me.
They want me to follow up in a month to see if my doseage is right, etc. This is where we jump through hoops. My referral is apprently up, so I have to get another referral to be able to continue care with my ob. I have to manage to get into the clinic to see my primary care within 3 weeks or so so they have plenty of time to get the referral processed. Have I mentioned how much I HATE Tricare lately? I called the appointmetn line, and they didn't have anything. They connected me with the clinic, and the first appointment they had was this morning at 9:30am. Oh and dh was working this morning. I originally took the appointment, but went back and cancelled it because there was no way I could get E and L ready, and out of the house by 8:30 to get to the appointment early (because if you aren't early, they cancel your appointment). The THOUGHT of trying to take them both with me, alone was terrifying! I ended up getting an appointment for the 30th, and dh is off so I won't have to take the kids with me. That takes SOME of the stress out of it.
So that's what is going on with me. I haven't started the meds yet, but I will tomorrow. (I only had a month's supply and my appointment was like 35 days away) I just hope the meds will even me back out so I can deal. I know Evan will still be difficult and jealous, but maybe I can deal with it a bit better. One can hope.

1 Comments:

At 8:44 PM, Blogger Kathy McC said...

I am sorry about the PPD, but glad that you've got the Prozac. I am on it too after a med switch. I hope it helps you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home