Thursday, December 08, 2005

December 8th, and Doctors

Today is my mil's birthday. Dh had the nerve to ask me if I sent her b-day card. (He shot me a look the day before because I hadn't sent it yet, and it was the 6th already). I pointed out that his mother wouldn't have HAD a card if I hadn't gone to the store and picked it out. I told him that YES I sent it. I looked their address up in the phone book and signed all of our names. I took care of it. Don't I always??

December 8, 2000 was also my first ever ob appointment. It was also the day I woke up to spotting. And the day I had my first ever ultrasound. The ultrasound where I was told that the baby had only developed to 8 weeks and I was supposed to be 10 weeks. The ultrasound where they said that I had had a "missed abortion" and that I had to have a d&c. When I think back to that appointment, I get FURIOUS. Why wasn't I just told that there was no beating heart? The fact is, the heart was NEVER mentioned. I was just asked over and over if I was SURE of my dates (LMP). I was told to go get labwork done, and I was told that I would have to have a d&c. No other option. Gotta love December 8th. (by the way, when I came back to that office after getting bloodwork done, I saw a different dr. SHE explained to me that m/c naturally was ok too. Which was what I did. And I never went back to that dr again)

And now we come to 2005. Off to the dr again. But this time it's for Evan. He has been coughing at night for the past week or so. At first it was bad enough to wake him up. I got a humidifier on Sunday, and that seemed to at least help enough that he wasnt waking himself up. Well last night around 2am, he woke up barking and not able to catch his breath. Once I held him for a few minutes, he calmed down, and his breathing was fine. He was up until around 4, and when I put him back in his crib, he went straight to sleep. It seemed like croup last night, but I have no clue today. It seems more like a typical cold this morning, but he goes to the dr at 11am. Just hope this is ONE December 8th appointment that goes ok.

2 Comments:

At 9:48 AM, Blogger lorem ipsum said...

I'm so sorry for your 'anniversary.' I at least was given the option to miscarry naturally, but after speaking with a friend who had I decided to do the D&C. I'm glad I did, but yeah, it would have been more respectful to at least have a choice.

As for the card... I'm the cardmeister around here too. J's good friend became a father for the second time and of course I was the only one who thought to send a card. Yeah, just what I want, to go shopping for a 'new baby' card. But if we don't do it, who will?

I hope Evan feels better soon, and of course you too. (((((Hugs)))))

 
At 8:13 PM, Blogger Catherine said...

{{{hugs}}}

 

Post a Comment

<< Home