Tuesday, November 29, 2005

I am getting tired of the uncertainty. I don't think I have wanted af to show up so badly since I was about 19 years old. My cycles were always so predictable, and now they are just insane. I have no signs of pregnancy (and have gotten 2 BFN's) but no signs of AF either. I don't know what to think. And it's driving me nuts. I just want af to show up if that's what's going to happen so we can get on with another cycle. I have decided to go ahead and call my assigned Dr. up here and see if I can get in for an appointment soon. I have put it off and put it off because I am afraid of the nightmare of finding a Dr. with a little compassion, and of course a brain. And I know I will never find a Dr. like the one I had in SC. I just hate that I have to go to the assigned Dr. and then get referrals for EVERYTHING. Yeah it's great that we don't have co-pays etc, but they make going to the Dr. so hard.

Dh is at one of his cheif's house. We were all invited to go, but the traffic was so bad when he got off of work that he didn't get home until 7:30, and Evan's bedtime is at 8:30. So he went without me. (insert eye roll)

A pediatrician's office in Chesapeake had a convicted sex offender working in the office. And they KNEW he was a sex offender. He was caught stalking a 13 year old girl and thrown back in jail yesterday.

One of the mom's in a March 2004 mom's group I post with told us yesterday that her cousin went in to her 35 week Dr. appointment on Monday and the baby was dead. God I hate that this keeps happening. It's not right.

I guess I need to go since it's thundering and lightening pretty badly. Can't allow the computer to get blown up, can I??

6 Comments:

At 8:52 AM, Blogger lorem ipsum said...

I'm a big fan of civil liberties, but re the pediatrician's office...

WHAT?????

How about a background check? If I go for a job they're probably going to have me pee in a cup, which is none of their business, as long as I show up at work sober. But a convicted sex offender? That's not something you do recreationally. That's a part of your makeup. As a doctor's office, their first responsibility is to do no harm and keep their patients from any occasion of harm. That's just sick.

 
At 9:03 AM, Blogger laura said...

uncertainty is almost as bad as bad news, isn't it?

 
At 3:38 PM, Blogger Jillian said...

I'm sorry your cycle is jerking you around and I'm sorry your pediatrician thinks it's ok to expose his young patients to someone who wants to harm them. The office should be fined for that being that they had prior knowledge.

I mean to say, a bank robber wouldn't get employed at a bank, a known alchoholic probably wouldn't get the job at the bottle shop and a shop lifter wouldn't be hired at Walmart. I can think of a load of examples and still none are as irresponsible and heinous as what that office did. Can we write them a letter so they know what idiots they are???

I hope you find a better doctor's office for yourself. Don't forget to lie about how long you've been trying - you don't know if 6 months or 12 months is their cut off for further testing

 
At 3:47 PM, Blogger Julie said...

Jill it wasn't OUR pediatrician's office. It was just one in one of the near-by towns. It just blows my mind that they would allow a convicted sex offender to work in ANY peds office. He was a receptionist, which means he had total access to all of the patient's information, like home addresses. SCARY.

 
At 5:11 PM, Blogger Anna said...

It MIGHT be all the stress from IM living with you and all the craziness going on that is screwing with your cycles. And no, I'm not condoning a "relax and it'll happen" philosophy. God knows how much I hate that. But I'm with Jill...Lie about how long you've been TTC so they can figure out what's up.
As far as the peds office...I think everyone else pretty much said what I was thinking. That is TERRIFYING. I cannot believe they KNEW about it and allowed him in there. SCARY.

 
At 1:08 AM, Blogger Jillian said...

I'm so glad Evan wasn't put at risk! It makes you realise that you cannot be too careful though doesn't it?

Over here we don't have sex offender registers that the public can access the way so many places do in the States so God knows who on earth you're dealing with:(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home