Saturday, November 19, 2005

Sorry I haven't updated in a few days, I haven't been home much. My in laws have been here for the weekend and we have been going non stop. I went shopping with mil yesterday and actually had a good time. Evan seems to be enjoying them, and they actually seem to be enjoying him. It's nice to see them finally really want to be a part of his life. Mil went nuts getting clothes for him yesterday, and even got some of his christmas stuff out of the way. Dh and my fil went to see the Harry Potter movie yesterday while we shopped.

We went to Williamsburg today for a little while. We would have stayed longer, but Evan is snotty AGAIN, and it was pretty cool outside. We came back and decided to go to the mall and check out the new Borders book store they just opened. When we got there, mil tripped on an unmarked curb and fell. She's a big woman. She is extremely overweight. When she went down, she hit her knee and her hand on the concrete. And of course she was embarrassed as hell. She tried to pretend she was ok, but once we got inside, all she could do was sit in the coffee shop. She eventually got us to get a manager and report the accident in case she ended up in the hospital by the end of the night. Her knee is REALLY swollen, and the cop was really concerned about her hand. He used to be an EMT and he didn't like the way her hand looked at all. They did an accident report, and after being there for about 2 hours, we came back to my apartment. Mil never went to the ER or anything, but I don't know if it was just pride or if she really should have. They are going home tomorrow, so maybe once she gets back to SC she will get it checked out. They are supposed to meet me and Evan for breakfast before they leave since dh has to go back to work tomorrow. I guess I will see then if she is really ok.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home