Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Halloween

Well we made it through Halloween and it wasn't too bad at all. There were a couple of times when I thought I was about an inch away from sobbing, but I managed to pull myself out of it. I don't think dh even noticed. We went to a friend's house and trick or treated with her 10 month old dd and another friend with a 6 month old dd. It was nice to be around parents that take care of thier children. Evan had a blast. He wanted to walk the whole time, and when he would see a group of kids going up to a house, he would practically drag us to follow them. He wouldn't say Trick or Treat though (although he did say it once while we were walking AWAY from a house). We couldn't let him hold his pumpkin bucket because he was too busy taking things out of it as fast as people put things IN.

On the IM front, she was supposed to come sign her lease yesterday, and when she was here, she was supposed to get her son's costume. She came by on Friday to get HER costume, but left Austin's here. She had told dh that she was taking Austin out TOT'ing, and that she was going to come by at some point to get his costume. Well we had to leave here by 3 to get to our friend's house, and we hadn't heard from her at all. So I left his costume between the wood door and the storm door in the back so she could get to it. We sent her a text on her cell phone to tell her where to look. She couldn't figure out how to get back there, so dh called her and told her (go to the back of the apt, then open the gate, wow that's hard). When we got home that night, the costume was still there. And we haven't heard a thing from her. I just have no words to describe how I feel about her. How DARE she do this to her son? Yes he is young, and missing Halloween is no biggie, but it's the thought of her ALWAYS putting herself FIRST. And if her son is lucky, he comes second. I don't think she plans on getting the apartment here. She was supposed to have it on November 1st, but like I said, we haven't heard from her or seen her. I don't really care to either. He crap is still all over my house. Tomorrow I am throwing it all in a box. I might send it to work with dh. Maybe. I just hate that I will probably have to wonder if Austin is ok for the rest his life. That poor little boy.

3 Comments:

At 6:41 AM, Blogger Jillian said...

IM just gets better and better doesn't she? I think your plan of getting her stuff together for her is excellent even though it is heartbreaking to cut Austin loose like that.

At least Evan had a blast which is excellent and will hopefully be a shining light amongst the crap IM keeps showering you with:(

 
At 8:14 AM, Blogger Kathy McC said...

How utterly sad that IM can't think of anyone but herself. It's going to come back to haunt her, I assure you. In the meantime, everyone else is paying the price, which is very sad.

Glad you had fun with Evan, though. Any pictures??

 
At 11:31 AM, Blogger lorem ipsum said...

I'm thinking Child Protective Services. That's what they're there for.

I'm sorry you're still going through this. Hope your month gets better.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home