Thursday, October 27, 2005

A Little About I.M.

I figured I would update some on IM and Austin. The night before I left to go to SC, she went out with friends instead of coming here to spend time with Austin. She called at about 6:30 (when she was supposed to be off of work at 3 that afternoon) and asked if we would watch Austin while she went to a Def Leopard concert. Seriously. She had gotten off of work, and met up with some friends and they had an extra ticket supposedly. Dh was pissed. He had been working all day, and then when he came home, he found out that she had stuck me with Austin without even bothering to call, so by the time she DID call, he was furious. He told her to do whatever the hell she wanted to do. So I finished packing and getting ready to go in the morning, and then went to bed while he waited up for her. She showed up around 2am with a brand new Def Leopard t-shirt (when he kid barely has any clothes) and dh FLIPPED on her. He basically told her what a horrible mom she is, and pointed out that her son goes DAYS without seeing her. She puts herself first, and Austin would do anything to get her attention when she is around. He pointed out that he cries for her, and she steps over him to get her cell phone to send someone a text. He crawls to her, and she turns and walks away to put on make up so she can go out. He told her that he is going to hate her when he gets older if she keeps this up, and pointed out how she hates her own dad for the same reasons. He said that they talked for about 2 hours, and she cried pretty much the whole time.

Since that night, she has been back ONE time. She had one of her friends babysitting Austin this week since I was out of town, and she has been calling every night to say she wasnt coming back here for one reason or another. I am betting that she doesn't feel comfortable around dh anymore. I don't really care. I wish I could say that the talk got to her and she is a changed person, but I seriously doubt it. I think what probably happened was that she ran off to her "friends" (who ran like hell when she needed a place to stay) and they told how untrue it all is, and how she is a wonderful mom etc.

Most of her stuff is still here. She wanted to ask me something earlier when she called, but dh told her I was busy. I think it was probably her wanting me to watch Austin while she goes to her Halloween party tomorrow night. She is supposed to be going to a party at a male strip club, and even has a Frederick's of Hollywood costume to wear to it. (YUK YUK YUK) She gets her apartment on the first. I won't be watching Austin anymore once she moves. One of the cheif's at work kind of figured out that I was raising her child, and he pulled alot of strings to get him into the 24 hour care center. I am just curious to see how she tries to take advantage once they move into their own place.

5 Comments:

At 11:50 PM, Blogger lorem ipsum said...

Three cheers for DH! The truth hurts, but then growth often is uncomfortable. I hope this is the beginning of her getting a clue.

 
At 7:12 AM, Blogger SWH said...

Thats sad... well for Austin. But good for you guys. You don't need to have another entire family to deal with. Time to focus on yourselves.

 
At 10:17 AM, Blogger Jillian said...

Yay for DH!!! You should keep him around the house, he does some good work;)

That poor child will grow up with no roots at all and it will be a tragedy anyone with a shred of intellegence and decency will have seen coming forever.

It's also scary that she may also be responsible for defending the free world one day too...boy are we in the shit!

 
At 10:21 AM, Blogger kate said...

Good for your DH. It is sad that it probably didn't sink in. I am glad that it is less of your problem now though. Halloween party at a strip club!!!??? EEEEEEEWWWWW Gross.

 
At 12:41 PM, Blogger MB said...

Woohoo for DH! I'm so sad for little Austin. It just breaks my heart. That poor little boy has no idea what is going on. Only that kis mommy doesn't love him and eventually, that is exactly how he will see it.

All of us here trying to hard to bring our babies safely into the world so we can love and protect them. Meanwhile, there are jerks like her who neglect and abandon theirs.

Makes me ill.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home