Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Shocking Discoveries at the Army Hospital

First off, just wanted to say that Dan and Brandy's little boy arrived safely 6/6/06 (HAHAHAHA!) around 11pm via c-section. We went to see them tonite, and he is absolutely gorgeous. We walked into the room, and Dan immediately handed him to me, and it would have been a really hard thing to do, if the baby hadn't immediately started pooping. Gee, I know what you think of ME, don't I??

--------------------------

So this morning I called the insurance company to change my primary care dr, and to see if I could get an appointment for the UTI. They managed to get me in at 10:40, but dh was gone so I had to take Evan with me. So I went and they did the urine culture and then saw the dr. She gave me a rx, and told me I could wait for the urine culture or go ahead and go get the rx and go home. Since I had Evan with me, I went home. I got home and took a dose of the antibiotic, and then the med for pain. Then a couple of hours later, dh's cheif called from work and said they had tried to get in touch with him to get me to call them back about my meds. Well I didn't think much of it since there are different types of UTI, and some require different meds. I called them back, and the dr gets on the phone and tells me they decided to do a pg test and it was +. I was totally shocked. I am like 9 dpo (i think) so I wouldn't have even thought it was possible for them to get a + urine test! (I was 10dpo and got a negative test in the office with Evan)So she had me come back in and get labs done, and then get a rx for prenatals. She referred me to the AFB's ob clinic, and she thinks that they will probably send me somewhere else because I am high risk. (woohooo she said I was high risk!). She made a note that I need a consult asap since I have a UTI. She gave me a new rx for a new antibiotic, but didn't really sound like she wanted me to take it. I got the rx filled, but I am not sure I am going to take it just yet. I am supposed to call the insurance company tomorrow to try to get the appointment at the AFB.

So I am completely in shock. I went from debating on going for a fertility workup, to being pg in a matter of 3 days. I am totally freaked out, and of course taking those meds has me scared out of my mind. I can't believe this is real.

10 Comments:

At 8:06 PM, Blogger kate said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

 
At 8:40 PM, Blogger Roxanne said...

Oh my goodness!!! Congratulations. Yeah! I am thinking and hoping really great things for you.

 
At 9:08 PM, Blogger Catherine said...

Holy crap! I'm reading along...la dee dah...and bammo! You can't bury the lead like that woman! You're pregnant! Congratulations!

 
At 2:41 AM, Blogger Jillian said...

Well you just SLIPPED that in!! Congratulations and may you have a very straightforward, even boring pregnancy. This is really wonderful news:)

And i hope that UTI doesn't cause you too much bother!

 
At 8:59 AM, Blogger Kathy McC said...

OMG! Did I just read that right?? I DID! That's wonderful. Congratulations!!!

P.S. I had a UTI all throughout my pg with Kam and they had me on antibiotics the whole time. As long as it's Macrobid or Keflex or whatever, it's totally safe. Hope you get a consult soon...in the mean time, take the meds. It's a lot safer than an untreated UTI.

Yay Yay Yay!!!

 
At 9:24 AM, Blogger SWH said...

OH MY! Great news!! Congratulations Julie!

 
At 11:03 PM, Blogger laura said...

where did my comment go? as i was saying,

holy fuck!

congratulations! woohoo, indeed!

 
At 1:58 PM, Blogger Chris, Renae & Annie said...

I have been a lurker for a while but wanted to de-lurk to say CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Your post brought me to tears! Yeah! I'm so happy for you!

Many, many blessings!
Renae

 
At 3:21 PM, Blogger Julie said...

Oh my gosh! What a surprise! Congratulations! You really snuck that through; I missed the reason "why" they were changing your antibiotic, and went back to rereas it! Wow!!!

 
At 9:33 PM, Blogger lorem ipsum said...

Oh my goodness! Congratulations!!!!!!

Happy, healthy nine months... happy, healthy baby.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home