Saturday, May 26, 2007

The homecoming for J's dh went well. I managed to hold it together. There were several times I THOUGHT I was going to lose it, but with taking care of the kids, it was pretty easy to distract myself. And of course, missing all of the "new mommies" helped too. (They call the new mommies to go to the ship first). THAT would have KILLED me. Anyway, I survived, and the day actually wasn't that bad. I just wish that Evan had had a chance to go onto the ship, but J's dh wanted to get out of there as fast as possible (do you blame him?) and since my dh wasn't there, I had no one to watch Lauren anyway so we will just go on a ship another day. Evan was just as excited about seeing all of the cranes on base anyway.

--------------------
After reading this article, I made the mistake of reading some of the comments. I KNEW better. And I knew there was going to be plenty of horrible ones. So why does it still piss me off so much? It just makes me SICK that something so simple can be turned into some political bullshit. Its not a ploy to try to change abortion laws. Why does it have to be turned into that? I don't get why it's so much to ask for a damn piece of PAPER. All I want is recognition that my PERFECT, healthy, VIABLE, full term baby EXISTED. I dont want money, I don't want a tax break, or anything else. I just want him to be recognized as a person. Doesn't he deserve that? The whole issue is so simple. The whole thing just makes me sick.

5 Comments:

At 10:19 AM, Blogger niobe said...

It is very sad that some people will see just about anything in terms of their own political views.

While I, personally, don't want a certificate for my stillborn baby, I can certainly understand and sympathize with those who do. If such a simple thing would bring a suffering family even a small degree of comfort, it should certainly be available.

 
At 8:58 PM, Blogger kate said...

Yes, alot of those comments are just insane....ugh. I stopped reading pretty soon...

Glad the homecoming went well, and that J's hubby is back safe!

 
At 11:28 PM, Blogger Brenda said...

I have to say I started to read and even though most of the comments made me sick I couldn't stop reading them. I think I was in shock!

I can totally understand the emotion behind WANTING the certificate but have no understanding at all why many are against it. That I just find confusing. If you don't want one or have not been in this situation then you don't need to worry about asking for one. But they should be available for those who do want them.

It just makes me really sad to think there are such horrible people out there. God i have lived a sheltered life!

Hugs
xxx

 
At 11:51 AM, Blogger delphi said...

I am sorry that I posted the link on the Directory (if that is how you got there, I'm sorry). It was emailed to me from the National Stillbirth Society, so I assumed that it would be something that would be of interest. Perhaps it was, before it was highjacked by zealots. Despite the continuing negative tone of the comments, the voting was very positive (64% in favour of certificates).

 
At 12:03 PM, Blogger Julie said...

Delphi, I actually got it through my email too (National Stillbirth Society). I WAS interested in the article itself, and was glad I read it. I just knew better than to read the comments, but sometimes I just can't help myself. I know what these morons are going to say, but I still catch myself reading. :sigh:

 

Post a Comment

<< Home