Sunday, July 22, 2007

He's my best boy

Lately Evan has started climbing up into my lap, and saying to me "Mommy, am I your best boy?" (I have NO idea where he got this from) I, of course tell him he is, and then my heart just aches.
What else am I supposed to say to a 3 year old? At the same time, I feel like I am cheating Caleb. I have 2 boys, so telling one he is the best just doesn't seem right. I am tired of everything being so complicated. Why can't an innocent question just be what it is? I will never stop hating this.

5 Comments:

At 3:18 PM, Blogger Rosepetal said...

((Hugs))

 
At 7:35 PM, Blogger Brenda said...

Big hugs to you.
Maybe you should just say ' yes you and Caleb are both my best boys'. This way Caleb is talked about with Evan. Just a thought that might make you feel better. Maybe??

Hugs
xxx

 
At 12:59 AM, Blogger delphi said...

I know - I feel sort of sick and make mental appologies to C. when I say things like "who is the cutest boy ever?" and "who is Mama's greatest boy?" nonsense to BB. Innocent, idle baby chatter with overtones that can't be ignored. I am constantly editorializing in my mind.

 
At 11:19 AM, Blogger Dr. Grumbles said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog!

Those questions have to be rough. I guess my parents lucked out having a boy and girl, so they could always just say "favorite boy" and "favorite girl" with no worries.

 
At 3:33 PM, Blogger Maggie said...

IMHO, you don't need to feel that you're slighting Caleb. You loved him for his entire bodily existence. You love him still. You're not taking anything away from him by calling Evan your best boy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home