Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Having an incredibly shitty day already, and it's not even noon. Hmmm bad sign maybe?? I guess we will see. I took Evan to his dr appointment and the place was a total dump. So I go to check him in and the receptionist is on the phone. Not a big deal, I mean it IS the dr office. So she shoves the clipboard at me and I sign him in. I asked her if she needed his medical records, and she says real bitchy "There are 2 people in front of him, I will call you when I get to him." You know, a simple yes, no or not right this second would have worked. So then I take all my stuff and go sit down in one of the plastic lawn chairs, and not a minute later, she calls me. I go up to the window and she tells me Evan's appointment isn't until tomorrow. ARE YOU KIDDING ME????? Funny, because I have it written down on my fridge, June 22, 9:40 am. She tells me it's tomorrow, and I said that is not what I was told, and she just says again that it's tomorrow. So I grabbed all my stuff and loaded Evan back into the car. UGH. I am pissed. This happened to me one time at Evan's dr in SC, and guess what, they went ahead and worked me in. (Had the appointment card for that one on the fridge at home too) I can pretty much tell you that unless this Dr is God herself, chances are, Evan will NOT be going back there after tomorrow. And since leaving that office, I have run into countless little annoying things. You know how once the day goes wrong there is just no saving it. I think I am staying in for the rest of the day!!!

5 Comments:

At 11:36 AM, Blogger Catherine said...

When you go back tomorrow, take the card and present it to the bitchy receptionist and tell her next time she should check her attitude.

 
At 12:31 PM, Blogger Julie said...

Problem is, all i have is a peice of paper with the dr's name and a date and time written on it. Since it was a new dr we didn't have an appointment card this time, we made the appointment over the phone. I guess we will see how tomorrow goes. But yeah, the attitude was RIDICULOUS. Why do these people always get jobs working with the public???

 
At 2:01 PM, Blogger Anam Cara said...

Sorry you had such a terrible time today! I have had the same thing happen to me SEVERAL times in the last year (more than I care to mention). I am also blown away sometimes by how rude and unsympathetic people in these kind of positions are. Hope tomorrow is better.

 
At 4:50 PM, Blogger Jillian said...

Definitely true that awful people are attracted to doctor's offices so that they can feel better and stronger than the people they are dealing with.

I wonder how they would go working on the desk at, say, a gym??

 
At 10:03 PM, Blogger laura said...

in my experience, the more awful the office staff, the kinder the doctor. strange, but true. if the dr turns out to be fab, i would tell her/him about the staff. doctors who care will care about your front desk experience, too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home