Monday, June 20, 2005

Finding some good

Ok anyone who knows anything about me knows that finding the good in something is not really me at all. I am possibly one of the most pessimistic people around, and that goes back to before Caleb died. Only now it's worse then ever.

Well I checked the mail a little while ago, and in it, was a small card, and some scrapbooking dragonflies from an internet friend (Thank you Catherine!!!! Thank you for always thinking of Caleb!!) and it made me think, maybe I HAVE gotten something from Caleb's death. I have gained some amazing friends. Friends that don't hesitate to try to make things better for you because they have all been there and they get it. I hate that ANY of us have to know what it's like to lose a child. I hate that any of us know this devastation, but since we do, I am so glad we have found each other to lean on. Now if we only all lived on a secluded island somewhere with a few doctors and lots of monitoring equipment for future pregnancies, we would be set.

It's funny, but I had something I wanted to post about earlier that had me seriously annoyed, but I think I will leave this as a somewhat positive note. I'll get back to my usualy self later.

1 Comments:

At 2:19 AM, Blogger Jillian said...

I will have to take your word for it about the pessimism. You have been so kind and gentle towards me and my hang ups that I would not have guessed you to be any more pessimistic than any of us!

You are right about how surprisingly good it is finding new friends with such an awful thing as common ground.

Now, where's that island you mentioned?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home