Tuesday, June 21, 2005

"I think the hardest part is that they were perfect little babies." WTF is THAT supposed to mean????? Why do people insist on saying things like that? I know part of what it is. Some people NEED to believe that something MUST be horribly wrong for a baby to die. It is such an unfathomable tragedy that that is the way they explain it to themselves. I guess it goes back to how it makes most people uncomfortable to hear about a baby dying. Well no shit it makes you uncomfortable, but how the hell do you think WE feel? But the truth is that MOST babies that die don't have one single thing WRONG with them. And guess what that means???? They LOOK perfect too. They aren't horrible monstrocities, just babies. Tiny little fragile babies. And you know what?? Even if there IS something wrong with them, it does NOT make it easier for the families to lose them. That doesn't make it better. You don't hear a parent say "Well Timmy had a cleft palate, good thing he died." God why don't people THINK before they talk?????

3 Comments:

At 1:37 PM, Blogger Catherine said...

{{{hugs}}}

 
At 4:48 PM, Blogger Jillian said...

Every baby is perfect to its parents. People are stupid sometimes. ((HUGS))

 
At 9:24 PM, Blogger Anna said...

I'm sorry...You must have met the same stupid people I've met. (((hugs))) I wish I could make it all better...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home