Monday, July 11, 2005

I want to thank you for the responses to my last post. It is really hard for me to admit that I felt Caleb's movement slowing and still did nothing......didn't KNOW I needed to anything at all, but I still feel like I SHOULD have known. Gotta love hindsight. The truth is, I was never told about kick counts. I remember reading something about it in one of my books, but I actually skipped right over it. There were times in my pregnancy with Caleb when we thought something WAS wrong. I gained ALOT of weight (70lbs when all was said and done) and had HORRIBLE swelling. We thought at one point I was diabetic (I had the test done 3 times and all came back fine) and we also thought I had preeclampsia. But even when exploring the possibilities, stillbirth was never mentioned as a possibility. I think, honestly, that my Dr. was just trying not to scare me more then anything else, but I also think that in doing that, she neglected to tell me alot. I don't in any way blame HER. I trusted her enough to stay with her for my pregnancy with Evan, and I would have stayed with her for future pregnancies if we hadn't moved. It just sickens me to think that so many people are so afraid of scaring you, that they aren't honest with you, and sometimes, as a result, horrible things happen.

I have been TRYING to update my links list, and for some reason, it just won't let me. I put in all the url code, just like I did for every other link, and when I publish my blog, I get blank spaces where I should have a new link. It's really starting to piss me off. And for some reason I can't get Where Do I Go From Here to work. It freezes my computer every time I go. Just when I was getting in to this whole blog thing.................

4 Comments:

At 7:57 AM, Blogger Jillian said...

Like you say, hindsight is a wonderful thing. I still see two particular incidents where each of the girls jumped on my stomach before we lost Thomas. In the weeks following I was sure that one of those was the reason we lost him.
We will all stuggle with those kind of regrets forever. Even knowing there's nothing to be done now doesn't stop the fact that they are there. I guess we're stuck with them, but we'll learn to get by anyway.

BTW, i tried going to the blog you mentioned and only one post came up with no way of seeing any more of the blog. Maybe the prob is with that blog in particular?

 
At 9:12 AM, Blogger Anam Cara said...

Hi Julie

I think everything is OK with my blog.
I haven't noticed any problems?
Is anyone else having problems opening it,please let me know! Although I am not sure what I will be able to do, but let me know anyway.

 
At 9:19 AM, Blogger Julie said...

Ok Nope, still can't get your blog to work. Did you change your template? It was black before wasn't it? Well it has been freezing for me since it was changed I think. Grrrrr.

 
At 2:53 PM, Blogger Anam Cara said...

I did change the template. Not sure why that would have done it though. It may be a very long link I put in my last post. Let me delete that URL and then you can tell me whether that solves the problem or not. Thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home