Tuesday, July 05, 2005

You asked for it


Here's a pic of my tattoo. It's not the best pic, but it was the best I could do for now. I will try to take a better one soon. I guess I should explain how it is for Caleb. I had always wanted a tattoo, but honestly never had anything that I wanted FOREVER. After Caleb died, (actually it was the Sunday he would have been 4 weeks old) my friend called me and said her and another friend were going to North Carolina (tattoos are illegal in South Carolina where I lived) to get a tattoo and asked if I wanted to go just to get out of the house, so I went along for the ride. But the more I thought of it, the more I wanted to get a tattoo for myself. I just didn't know WHAT. The original place we wanted to go to was overbooked for the day, and that was the only place I found a pic I wanted. They typical angel baby on a cloud (but this one WAS sweet) but since the place was overbooked, I just let the idea of a tattoo go and was once again along for the ride. Well when we finally found a place the my friend's brother told her about I was looking at all of the designs on the walls and came across THIS picture. I knew when I saw it, that was the one for Caleb. It wasn't the typical memorial tattoo, and I think that was why I loved it so much. I took the pic, and changed some colors to make it my own. It's the heiroglyph for Capricorn (Caleb was born 5 January, 2003) wrapped in blue flowers (for my sweet boy) with Garnet (his birthstone) centers. It's on my left ankle and it's about 3 inches high.

Well I guess you didn't ask for all of that lol. You just wanted to see a pic! Oops!

4 Comments:

At 10:34 PM, Blogger Jillian said...

That is so beautiful. I love all the things it means. For me, the thought of tatoo appeals for many reasons, but also that it hurts to apply. Through pain you get something beautiful and permanent. If only the little souls they are for understood that:(

 
At 8:27 AM, Blogger Julie said...

Thanks Jill. You know, I hadn't thought about it, but I had an entire experience when I got that tatoo. And I wouldn't have had that experience if it hadn't been for Caleb. That day was all about him. He was the only reason I got enought courage to go through with that pain. I wanted so desperately to memorialize him, and the physical pain didn't really matter at that point. (((((Jill ))))

 
At 7:36 AM, Blogger Catherine said...

You know, I'm not much for tatoos...but yours is truly beautiful.

 
At 6:47 PM, Blogger Wendy Orrison and Holly Snyder said...

Thank you for sharing. Very original and symbolic...a very nice reminder of your sweet one.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home