Saturday, July 02, 2005

How is it that dh ends up working NIGHTS almost every holiday weekend?? I know it could be worse. If he was still on a ship, chances are he would have to work ON the 4th, but still, this SUCKS. I just hate it because it makes me really realize how alone I am. Right now I have Evan to keep me busy, but he goes to bed in and hour and a half. Then it's just me. Fun. On top of that, I think I freaked Evan out earlier. I was watching Live 8, and Pink Floyd came on (which was why I was watching) and they played "Wish You Were Here" and dedicated it to all that weren't there. I SOBBED. I just lost it. I have always had that song on my cd that makes me want to drive off a cliff (made it after Caleb died and dh was in Iraq) so it's always been a very emotional song for me. It just set me off earlier, and Evan took one look at me and HE started to cry. Poor little guy!!

And to make it all just perfect, I feel like shit. I think whatever Evan had earlier in the week managed to find me. I don't have a fever, but I ache from head to toe and my throat is killing me. Great.

4 Comments:

At 8:49 PM, Blogger Catherine said...

I'm sorry sweetie. Take some Tylenol and snuggle on the couch with a good book. I hope you feel better tomorrow.

 
At 3:09 AM, Blogger Jillian said...

Or maybe a movie...that way you won't have to hold the book up or turn pages:) Germs suck!

 
At 9:32 AM, Blogger Anam Cara said...

Julie, I was "with you" during the Pink Floyd performance of Wish You Were Here. I lost it to. I have always loved that sond and found it o be quite powerful, but now more than ever. Hope you start feeling better soon.LOL

 
At 5:18 PM, Blogger laura said...

julie, i haven't talked with you in a while but am sad to hear you down. i hope things improve for you soon, but in the mean time i hope you make the most of your misery and indulge in ice cream or whatever you like best!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home