Friday, August 12, 2005

I am DONE babysitting!! Woohooo!!! I am worn out and sure won't do that ever again. I think the biggest issue is all the extra time I had to watch her baby. Even when she was here after working overnight, I was still watching Austin and feeding him and changing him. Needless to say, I think I learned my lesson and have figured out how to say no.

Today wasn't too bad. We took the evil cat to the vet for shots, and then had to get the tags for my van, and the city sticker from the treasurers office. It's so weird, we never had anything like that in SC, and here we have city stickers AND inspections. It feels strange to have VA plates on my van. Really weird. Guess I should change my drivers license too. I don't HAVE to since we are military, but I probably will.

After getting the stuff with the van straight, we went to Best Buy to replace the cordless phone that the evil cat destroyed. For some reason though, when we got home, we have no dial tone on the new phone, OR the other phone we have that works. UGH. Figures huh?? It worked EARLIER today......

We ended up going to Outback for dinner. It was pretty good, but would have been better if dh had cooked steaks at home. Evan ate like a little pig. It's funny, but I still almost forget to order something for him when we go out. That kid ate some of our bloomin' onion (he wasn't supposed to like it, but he was throwing a fit because we were eating and not sharing, so I gave him a small bite and he loved it) tomatoes from my salad, some bread, and half of a kids mac and cheese plate!! I don't know HOW that kids stays so skinny!!

So now we are home, and dh is on the couch falling asleep. Guess I need to drag him to bed since this is cd14...........

5 Comments:

At 11:06 PM, Blogger lorem ipsum said...

Well, although you'll never be 'over' your loss, I'm glad you're 'over' babysitting. One foot in front of the other, as my mom would say.

Good luck hitting the bull's-eye!

 
At 2:22 AM, Blogger Jillian said...

Wake that boy UP! Time for work Sonny Jim, and if you can do the deed after the week YOU'VE had, then he can certainly rise to the occasion.

OK, gotta stop those ridiculous innuendos....

 
At 1:29 PM, Blogger Kathy McC said...

I love those bloomin' onions...

 
At 5:57 PM, Blogger Kathy McC said...

It just occured to me that you live relatively close to my parents. They live in the Northern Neck.

 
At 12:30 PM, Blogger Wendy Orrison and Holly Snyder said...

Julie -
Love the new look!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home