Thursday, August 11, 2005

Once again, I am wishing I knew how to say the word "no". I better figure it out REAL quick. Irresponsible mom asked to stay here after work this morning. Not thinking, I said yes. Well the thing is, they get here around 6am, and then have to leave again for work around 3pm. Not too much time for sleeping in there. So instead of making her pick the baby up and then drive 45 minutes to her house after working overnight, I said she could stay. I really didn't think this one through. This put ME getting up with the baby since he was in my room sleeping. I came downstairs with a crying baby, and this girl manages to stay asleep. It blows my mind that she can sleep through her own baby crying. It's not something I was ever able to do. Anyway, he was soaked in pee from head to toe (Huggies are WORTHLESS, he had been changed at 3am, and this was at 7!!) and of course he needed a bottle. I changed him (right beside his mom) and then left him on the blanket on the floor and went to the kitchen to get his bottle. I walked back in, handed her the bottle, and spent some time on the computer. There was no way I was going to take care of her kid when she was right there. He's been REALLY fussy today, so this should be an interesting night. Oh and E is refusing to nap...........again.

1 Comments:

At 9:33 PM, Blogger Jillian said...

OMG. I was only here at breaky time and everything was black. Now I am shocked at the change and need a cuppa and couldn't make a sensible comment even if I tried...can anyone say INSTITUTIONALISATION???? I think someone gets way too comfy with the status quo (who me?)

Like your new look!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home