Monday, August 08, 2005

So far, so good

Irresponsible mom dropped the baby off at 3:45 am. It looks like she brought plenty for him this time. A whole can of formula, cereal, and a gallon of water to make bottles with. Plus 2 already made bottles. She brought his pack and play for him to nap in and extra clothes. We should be good to go. If the cat would just leave him alone already.....

Today is dh's 30th birthday. I had planned on taking Evan out today and shopping for him. We were going to try to find a somewhat cheap grill (dh doesn't take care of grills, and we have been through 3 in the past couple of years) but now that I have 2 babies with me and 1 carseat, it's not going to happen. I guess that will have to wait until his next string of off days.

I think I got a total of 2 hours of sleep last night. I layed in my bed staring at the ceiling until at least 12:30. I just couldn't shut my mind down. This should be a fun day.......

3 Comments:

At 5:06 AM, Blogger Jillian said...

Stay strong! You CAN do it. Trust me - if I can muddle through a day with two kids, YOU can certainly do it!!

It'll be easier tomorrow too, once you have done a full day with him. I hope Evan copes with this extra bit of competition and steps in as a 'big brother' willingly.

I'll be thinking of you:)

 
At 12:38 PM, Blogger Anam Cara said...

Wow, I really feel for you. Taking care of two little ones all day with such little sleep. Yikes, that is tough!! I hope today goes well for you. When this little girl arrived was she sleeping and/or did she go back to sleep, or was she up for the day?? I hope they both have a VERY long nap today cause you'll need it!

 
At 6:46 PM, Blogger Kathy McC said...

You are a good, good woman! I wish you the best of luck.

It made me laugh when I read about your dh not taking care of grills. I don't do a good job of that either, and mine caught on fire a couple months back. It burned out itself, but it was because there was SO much grease build-up underneath. Oops.

P.S. Even more fun that the word "no" is the word "why?". Ugggghhh...I feel your pain.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home