Sunday, August 07, 2005

Last night was horrible. Just as I went upstairs to peek in Evan's room before bed (to make sure he is still breathing of course) he sat straight up. So when I peeked around the corner, he saw me. So that started the wailing. I couldn't get him to just lay back down, so I had to get him out of the crib. I tried to rock him to sleep, but that just wasn't happening. So finally I put him in the crib and sat down beside it (yes he CIO in a way, it works for us when nothing else ever did so don't flame me) He whined for a minute or two, then started to settle down. And then the damn cat came in and slammed himself into the side of the crib. I ran the idiot cat out, and then the crying started all over and it took another 10 minutes for Evan to settle back down. And the cat came BACK. Asshole. So everything started all over again. Evan was so upset the second time I tried to rock him again, and once again, he wouldn't sleep. So he ended up back in the crib, and I ended up on his floor until around 3 am. UGH.

4 Comments:

At 5:17 PM, Blogger Jillian said...

Similar night here, but we got back to sleep at about 2.30am. It's tough, I know (((hugs))).

AND my cat jumped up and rattled the blinds in their room which is what stirred S up in the first place!

Oh - AND we ended up letting S cry after the 4th attempt at getting her to sleep without tears. She cried for a good few minutes and then just got back out of bed.

Sometimes, when they are making hard on you, it can't help but be hard on them too. Can't be helped:)

 
At 7:12 PM, Blogger Kathy McC said...

When checking on our ds at night, we created a term called "the drop", where you drop as if hitting the deck before an explosion. You do this when you peek in on your kid, and they suddenly hear you and wake up. If you spread eagle and commando crawl out of the room, sometimes you can get away undetected. It doesn't work all the time, though, but it is pretty funny. I totally relate to the night you had. We've had many...CIO is not a bad thing. Don't beat yourself up over it. Hope you get some rest.

 
At 7:37 PM, Blogger Julie said...

LMAO Kathy, I can totally picture "the drop". Hilarious!! I know I looked like a deer in headlights when he sat straight up and looked at me. He really never wakes up so it caught me by surprise!

Jill, sorry you had a rought night too!! Hope S gets back on schedule!

 
At 8:25 AM, Blogger Roxanne said...

Thank you for putting motherhood into perspective for me. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home