Tuesday, July 26, 2005

My temp went back up this morning. I have no idea what's going on, but I still don't think I am pg. This just sucks though, looks like if AF shows, it will be just in time for my trip to SC. Gee, fun.

I woke up this morning to a very large stranger on my couch. Dh told me he was here before I got up, but it was still weird. Dh worked last night (which means 12 hours, and he got off at 5am.) and now he has to go BACK in for some meeting. So he has gotten about 2 hours of sleep. The guy that was here lived too far away (Richmond) to drive all the way home between work and a meeting, so he came here to sleep a couple of hours. This is the kicker though, dh has to work again TONIGHT. He won't be back home until tomorrow morning around 5:30am. Nice, huh?

Mom just called. My nephew Ethan's birthday party had been postponed. His FIRST birthday. It was already postponed once. His actual b-day was the 20th of July. His mom has serious issues. I am pretty sure she is a serious addict (pain killers, and sleeping pills) and is constantly in the hospital, and they can never find anything wrong with her, and meanwhile, her kids suffer. I hate her for it. Her 1 year old son doesn't even have a highchair, but supposedly it doesn't matter because "he can't eat solids anyway". And she is too damn lazy to work with him, or even call the dr to see if HE is concerned that he's not eating solids. That poor little boy is just getting cheated in so many ways. But I decided I am going back to SC anyway. I don't really care if the party gets canceled. I need to at least go so I can see Caleb.

5 Comments:

At 12:12 PM, Blogger Wendy Orrison and Holly Snyder said...

Good luck, I hope you get your BFP. Sorry DH is so busy with work, you'll have to enjoy him while he's sleeping!!

 
At 6:43 PM, Blogger Anam Cara said...

Sorry about your husband's works schedule. And your poor little nephew, how sad and tragic that his mother is so messed up. Why, why, why do people like her have children when there are so many more deserving women out there who can't or struggle to??????? It is so unfair. I just hope he doesn't end up like her.

 
At 9:01 PM, Blogger Jillian said...

Julie, I have to say your chart looks a LONG way from being hopeless. Compared with last month's it is absolutely gorgeous!

I'm sorry you aren't getting much time with your DH and that you are finding strange men asleep in the living room. Very disturbing.

The situation with your nephew sounds awful and very painful for everyone observing. Does your mum end up being responsible for him or is she unable to make any impact there? Sounds like an impossible situation:( Poor kid.

 
At 9:20 PM, Blogger Julie said...

Jill, the thing is, mom already has custody of 3 of her grandkids from my other brother (NOT his fault, he would take them if he could) but there is no way she can take on drug addict sil's 3 kids. Sad thing is, there is a 14 year old dd (my brother's step dd) that is on the path to being just like her mom. The whole thing is sooo sad. We have all kind of gotten to the point of waiting for it all to blow up and not really knowing what to do to stop it. It IS unfair that these are the people that can have baby after baby with no issues, just to neglect them. I love my nephews dearly though and am glad they are here, just wish they were treated better.

 
At 6:30 AM, Blogger Jillian said...

Julie, there are too many sad stories in the world aren't there? When my neices were in the middle of a hell situation I was ready to take them myself, but I had to settle with being an occasional stable influence in their lives and I really just had to take an emotional step away.

I hope that's what those kids get from you and your mum - a peek at what they could have one day if they just hang on and get themselves all grown up in spite of their mother:(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home