Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Thanks for all the input on the situation with my dh. Today, dh had a meeting with one of the higher officers at work, and the officer pointed out quite a few things to him, and gave him alot of advise. This officer has also lost a child. The talk apparently helped dh sort some things out. Or at least start to. He came home from work today, and we talked for about 2 hours. We got alot out in the open, and now we seem to be starting to open the lines of communication and there is hope. I had no idea how serious things were in dh's mind, but now I know, and we are working on things. I am truely making an effort on my part, and it seems like he is making an effort on his. We are going to see what we can do about counselling, but we both know there is one problem with that. We have NO ONE to watch Evan. We will just to see what happens I guess.

Watching the news about Hurricane Katrina, and the absolute devastation, brings alot back to me. You see, when I was about 13, my mom left my dad for a few months. She won a cruise through her job, and on that cruise, she met a man that owned a shop in New Orleans and she went to work for him for a little while (NOTHING sexual, the man was married, and his wife worked in the shop with my mom, etc.) My point is, she lived in New Orleans. She lived on Lake Ponchatrain. There was a levee at the back of her apartment complex. I went down there and lived for about a month. We used to go walk on the levee each night. The levee on Lake Ponchatrain is the one with the 200 ft. breach. What a scary thought.....

My heart breaks for those people.

2 Comments:

At 6:25 AM, Blogger Jillian said...

That's good news that you and DH have started to talk. Really hopeful:) Best of luck with it continuing well:)

The hurricane is shocking. It must be a wierd feeling to see a familiar place destroyed like that.

 
At 9:59 AM, Blogger lorem ipsum said...

I'm so happy your DH talked with someone. It's not so threatening when it's someone you actually know and trust! Perhaps his friend can recommend a counselor if you decide to go that route. (And if you do, ask about child care. You might be pleasantly surprised!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home