Friday, February 17, 2006

All is quiet here. Evan's upstairs, taking his nap, dh is working, and I am downstairs with a bag of chocolate covered peanuts. I figured it was a perfect time to post on my neglected blog (if anyone is still reading).

I have actually been able to get out and be social lately! It's been so nice to hang out with other mommies, or ADULTS for that matter. Dh watched Evan for me on V-Day so I could go out with 2 women he works with to the outlet stores in Williamsburg. It was so WEIRD to be without Evan. We have no baby sitter, so he's ALWAYS with me. Both of the women I was with had their baby girls with them, but I didn't have my boy. It was weird to go in places and have people ooh and aah over their kids, and mine wasn't there. And it kind of sucked that I had to shop on the opposite side of the stores as them (the boys side and they were on the girl side). All in all I had a good time though. I really do like hanging out with J. (not so much the other girl though). I think we are going out with J. tonite after they get off of work. (J.'s dh is also Navy, and gone for the next month).

Yesterday I met up with a woman that I met on babycenter. The weather was INSANELY nice (we are talkin' upper 60's and lots of sun!) So I decided to take Evan to the zoo. Dh was working, so I emailed this woman and asked if she wanted to join me. HUGE step for me. She met me there with her 18 month old son. We had a really good time. She is really sweet, and not ridiculously young (like alot of the mothers around here seem to be). She has a 13 year old, a 7 year old and the 18 month old. Anyway, her dh does the same thing in the Navy that mine does, they work on the same base (which is kind of odd since dh doesn't work on the main base) and have been on one of the same ships. She gave me the name of another group she is in so I could join. I'm actually pretty excited about it! It's just so nice to be around adults sometimes!

On the ttc front, I think I might try OPK's for the next cycle. It's worth a shot, and since FF is constantly fucking with me and changing dates on me, it might give me something more to go on. We will see what happens.

3 Comments:

At 3:02 PM, Blogger SWH said...

Glad to hear you've been getting out more! Sounds like its a good thing for you.

And sounds like a good idea for the OPKs... i'm going to wait a few months to see if we can time things ourselves and then I'll probably try them too. :)

 
At 5:26 PM, Blogger MB said...

It's so hard to put yourself out there. I hate it. I'm glad it's working out for you!

 
At 2:44 AM, Blogger Anam Cara said...

As hard as it is it for you, it is good to get out. And Evan will soon be at the age where he will really want to be around other kids a lot (Caitlin is ecstatic at the prospect of going to her "friends" houses now - it is hysterical!). I have found the older she gets, the more I have to put myself out there. It has been working out okay. I hope it will for you too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home