Monday, January 16, 2006

We had an uneventful weekend here. Dh had to go back to work yesterday, so Evan and I just hung out in the house and watched football. It was way too cold and windy to take him outside to play. Friday was nice outside though. It was in the 60's so I took Evan to the park. When I pulled up, I instantly knew it was a mistake. There were lots of cars, and I could tell that the playground was pretty packed. When we walked up towards the playground, I could see how bad it REALLY was. Toddlers EVERYWHERE. And groups of mothers standing around, not watching their kids. And not to mention the *2* QUAD strollers. I don't know what it was about it all, but I felt so absolutely out of place. I don't know if it was because I was the ONLY mom there without another mom to talk to, or if it was because I was the ONLY one there with an "only" child. I had to stay though, because it wasn't fair to go to a playground and not let Evan play. He was a total monkey too. He climbed on EVERYTHING, which is pretty unusual. After awhile, he got really hyper and was running around completely out of control. I knew an accident was coming, but with all of the other kids, and the mom's not watching them (or getting out of the way so the kids could play) I couldn't keep up with him. He came around to one side and decided to climb up a chain ladder. I stood right beside him to help, but it didn't matter. His foot slipped, and he fell between the rungs, and hit his chin on the platform he was trying to climb onto. He bit the hell out of his lip, and was bleeding all over. I got him calmed down once we got to the van, and could tell that it really wasn't as bad as the blood made it seem. I took him home. The next day he had a huge bruise on his lip, and it was a little swollen, but otherwise ok. Poor little guy.

That was really the only big event of the weekend. I got a chance to work on Caleb's photo album some. Mom got me some scrapbooking stuff for Christmas, and I had new pics from his birthday to add. I am glad that I got to work on it some. It's a way to feel like I am doing something for him. I just hate that it's pics of a grave that I am adding.

2 Comments:

At 10:14 PM, Blogger kate said...

Ouch poor Evan! Hope it was not too bad...those cuts can really bleed something awful. Kudos to you for scrapbooking...all my stuff is *still* in a box. I will start it soon, i will i will...

 
At 12:42 PM, Blogger Julie said...

Oh I haven't done anything really on Evan's book. As weird as it sounds, Caleb's is "easier". Alot less pictures etc, to sort through and get in the right order. It also helps me feel like I am doing something for him. I put that dragonfly in there and it looks really good. I'll have to scan the page and show you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home