Tuesday, August 08, 2006

I knew the good news wouldn't last

Let me just start by saying that nothing bad has happened to me or the baby (as far as I know, I have a dr appointment in the morning).

I got some horrible, shocking news this morning. One of my online friends passed away Friday at 42 years old. We think it was a heart attack at this point. Crissi was one of the first friends in loss that I met. In those first horrific days, when Caleb's death was so new, and dh was in Iraq. I stumbled across a chatroom on one of those huge baby sites for grief and loss. I had never even noticed the chats on that site before, but needing somewhere to go, I entered. Crissi was there. She had lost her first child too. A little boy named Michael, in her second trimester. She had incompetent cervix.

Crissi was an awesome woman. She was a Jersey girl, and once a biker, still had a little of a rough edge to her. But she was also one of the most loving and compassionate people I knew. She had a baby boy in March of 2004 (days before Evan was born) and just 13 days ago, gave birth to her second living child, a baby girl. 13 days.

Her baby girl was a total surprise pg for them. Crissi had a heart condition, and pg would be very dangerous for her. Then there was her age. But she embraced the idea of being a mom again. She was monitored very closely the whole pg. When Crissi found out her baby was a girl, she talked about how sad she was that her mother (that passed away about 2 years ago) would never know her granddaughter. And now, that baby girl will never know her mother either.

Crissi's baby girl was born early by c-section, and Crissi lost alot of blood. I don't know if that extra stress on her body made things worse or not. Her baby girl was home for 5 days when Crissi died. She was surrounded by family, laughing and chatting in the living room of her home. She died on the day her c-section was originally planned.

Crissi, your friendship meant so much, and you will always be remembered. I love you, my friend.

9 Comments:

At 6:14 PM, Blogger MB said...

OMG. I'm so sorry for you, your friend and her family. It blows my mind. Hugs.

 
At 7:13 PM, Blogger Wendy said...

That is so awful! I am so sorry:(

 
At 7:53 PM, Blogger Kathy McC said...

That's terrible. I am so sorry...

 
At 8:06 PM, Blogger Catherine said...

I'm so sorry.

 
At 8:50 PM, Blogger kate said...

I am so sorry...

 
At 8:54 AM, Blogger Laura said...

Oh my god, I'm so sorry. I can't even imagine. ((hugs))

 
At 2:20 PM, Blogger Anam Cara said...

OMG Julie. That is awful. I don't even know what to say. How devastating for her family. Wow. I am so sorry.

 
At 4:12 PM, Blogger Ann Howell said...

I can't imagine what her husband must be going through right now, not to mention her two little ones. It's incomprehensible.

 
At 7:43 PM, Blogger Roxanne said...

That is so sad. I am so sorry.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home