Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Well, I have tried to call J a couple of times and can't get ahold of her. I am guessing she went back to work (she works the same schedule with dh though, so if she is there, he will probably get to talk to her). I'm really worried about her, but there isn't much I can do.

--------------------
I am so worn out right now it's not even funny. Evan has been into EVERYTHING today. I know alot of his behavior is because I am not feeling well enough to give him the attention he wants, and I try to remember that when he does something obnoxious. Well this morning, it was non stop, pulling him out of places and things he wasn't supposed to be in or mess with. Finally around 11am, I broke out the Playdoh. I was desperate. I knew with that, I could strap him in at the dining room table, and maybe get something done around here. Worked like a charm. The big issue was putting the Playdoh away so he could eat lunch. He screamed non stop for 30 minutes.
After his nap wasn't so bad. He was still into things, but not like he was all morning. He ate his dinner without an issue. Then it was upstairs for a bath. (dh usually does baths, but since dh works overnight 2 nights a week, I get stuck with at least one bath a week.) He gets in the tub, and pees almost immediately. So I have to drain the water. I get the tub emptied, and rinsed out, and then refilled. He helps me wash him, and plays and splashes for awhile. I got him out of the tub, wrapped in a towel, and then we came downstairs to get dressed. Well as soon as I put him down, he ran off, totally naked. I let him go. Now let me just point out that he is NOT potty trained. I am sure you can see where this is going. In my dining room, there are 2 wicker cubes that I keep my scrapbooking stuff in. They are against the wall, close to the table (it's a really small area). He has been climbing on the cubes to get to stuff on the table (since there is a ton of random crap thrown up there). Again, I just let him do it, and got myself something to eat since I was feeling sick yet again. A few minutes later, he came in asking for a wipe, and I noticed something on his hands. You got it. Poop. EVERYWHERE. He stood on top of the cubes and pooped. It was down the side of them, and all over him. I grabbed him and ran him back to the tub before he could get it on anything else. I bathed him quick, and then brought him back down and put a diaper on him. Then I was off to clean up the poop. The whole time, he was trying to help me clean it up.
So now he is in bed, and I finally have a minute to myself. Thank God.

2 Comments:

At 10:47 PM, Blogger kate said...

Eww eww eww eww (((((hugs))))) what a day. I hope you are in bed now having sweet dreams...

I guess i missed you tonight, i have been working on the house every night, trying to make some progress while michael is away. But i really miss chatting with you!!

We have been having lots of those potty moments lately too...but with the m/s it must be very hard on you...

 
At 10:49 AM, Blogger MB said...

I'm exhausted just reading about it. Sheesh! I hope you had a cup of tea and put your feet up...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home