Tuesday, June 20, 2006

A sigh of relief

I was thinking of the dr situation last night while dh was work and I remembered something he told me. A guy that he works with just recently had a baby. His wife got to go to a civilian dr, but they had to switch their insurance plan to do it. Basically, the insurance we have now, you have to go where they tell you, but EVERYTHING is free. No copays for anything at all. It's great, until you need specialized care. The other plan, lets you go where you want, but it means co-pays, and if I am remembering right, 20% out of pocket, except for pregnancy. It pays for pg 100%. I just wasn't sure what would happen with Evan's healthcare if we switched.
So when dh got home this morning from work, I mentioned switching to him. He sounded like he was really behind it, and called the insurance company immediately. He started off asking if there was a way we could get a referral without going to the appointment at Langley first. Well, when they checked the computer, there was a referral already there! She said they had just sent a letter to us (haven't gotten it yet obviously) telling us about the referral. So she gave us a referral number so I could call and make an appointment. It's the same office I went to for my annual. It's where I would have chosen to go.
So I called the office this morning, and made my appointment. I go in for the nurses appointment FRIDAY. And my first ultrasound is July 14th.
Of course, now I get to freak out about whether or not there will actually be anything to SEE on that u/s or not. But at least the dr situation is straightened out. That's a HUGE weight off of my shoulders!

5 Comments:

At 12:41 PM, Blogger delphi said...

Now this is good news!

 
At 12:56 PM, Blogger kate said...

Whew! Now THAT is excellent!!

 
At 6:51 PM, Blogger Julie said...

Oh, I am SO glad your insurance situation has changed for the better! That is some excellent news. Now WE don't have to wait for the news, either!

 
At 10:21 PM, Blogger laura said...

yea!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 
At 10:25 AM, Blogger Bekki said...

Do you have tricare prime? With them, you should be able to go and fill out the same ins. crap you filled out before, and list a civilian dr (one who accepts tricare prime, but there are lots), then put your reasoning, and they should switch you. I'm not quite sure how it works with an OB though. All my kids see a civilian ped because I can't stand the peds clinic here, and it wasn't a problem at all. In fact, all I wrote was that I wanted continuity, and they switched. I see you've already been switched, but it's good to know it's not that hard for the future.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home