Friday, July 28, 2006

Finally have a few minutes

Evan has started a Thomas obsession and is watching a DVD so I have a little time I think. It seems like I haven't had time to breathe the past few days, and when I do, I am either too tired or feeling too sick to post. Things are still going well (as far as I can tell) and it actually seems like the morning sickness isn't as bad as it was. I broke down and bought a few pairs of maternity pants (because all of my maternity clothes are in SC and I can't bring myself to drive 5 hours to get them for now). I know that I am going to need some maternity clothes pretty soon, and wanted to find something so I had it when I needed it. Of course the entire time I was paying for the clothes, I kept thinking how stupid I was not waiting until my next appointment because this baby could be dead, and I have no way of knowing. I hate that I can't just have that maternity shopping spree where I grab everything cute in sight and buy it right away, but at this point, I keep thinking what a waste of money that would be.......

My in laws have been here the past couple of days and since dh is working, I have had to keep them entertained, and deal with them all on my own. I put up with alot from them, and try not to complain much about the crap they pull because they spend INSANE amounts of money on us while they are here. They showed up with at least $500 worth of dishes etc for us when they got here. I have no place to put all of this stuff (and honestly didn't need any of it except for the really really nice set of knives they got us) so it's all piled on my kitchen counted for now. My ENTIRE kitchen counted. Then the day after they got here, they took Evan and I outlet shopping, where they spent probably another $500. Then they pay for us to eat out at every meal. And put gas in my van. So I try to deal with their crap and not get too annoyed, but it's REAL hard to do. The thing is, they just REALLY don't get 2 year old kids. They expect Evan to act like he is 10 years old. He isn't supposed to cry if he gets upset, or get loud in a restraunt. EVER. And if he does, they BOTH gang up on him instead of letting me deal with it. We were walking around the stores in Williamsburg, and Evan was walking while I pushed the stroller. Well we went into a store, and Evan wanted to touch things, (EXPENSIVE things) so I wanted to put him back in the stroller. Evan of course, did not like that idea. So he arched his back and was screaming (but really not that bad) and they both started hovering over me telling him not to act like that and be quiet. They don't get that if they would back off and let me get him in the stroller, he would have stopped screaming as soon as he is buckled in. I tell them to leave him alone, that he's fine and will get over it in a second, and they don't back off. And the same scene happens over and over again, just over different things.
They were mentioning last night that they might leave today, and I am kind of hoping they do. It's just too much crap for me to have to deal with while dh is working and I have no help. I just keep telling myself they will leave. I am just hoping it's sooner, rather than later.

4 Comments:

At 9:51 AM, Blogger Kathy McC said...

Oh, jeez...I hate it when parents and in-laws try to discipline your kids for you. Mine do that and I HATE it. My grandparents do it, too.

I hope that things settle down soon. Enjoy the Thomas obsession, too. Aaron went through that and we now have a TON of Thomas stuff. I can't wait to sell it all on ebay when he and his brother outgrow it.

 
At 1:50 PM, Blogger Dr. Grumbles said...

It is hard for grandparents to step back and let the parents handle it. I see it so often. That has to be so annoying! I am glad you realize that you can handle things just fine and don't start to doubt your abilities.

Hope they leave soon and your next appointment goes well!

 
At 9:39 PM, Blogger delphi said...

I hope the morning sickness improves. It is just almost unbearable. Mine has mostly subsided, though I still have to be careful not to get hungry. Sorry about the interference in family-ville. I find that irritating too, though I suspect I have been guilty of the same far too many times with my BIL's kids.

 
At 12:05 PM, Blogger Laura said...

Ugh, I'm sorry that you're having to deal with all of that on top of feeling like crap. It sounds like you're handling it really well, though. And you're scoring some free stuff!

I hope that your next appointment goes well, too, but I know that it will :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home