Friday, May 13, 2005

Scrapbooks

So I went to Michael's today to look for scrapbooking stuff for both of the boy's books. I got this really nice book for Evan, but haven't done a thing with it, and since I have 14 months of stuff to put in it I thought I should get started before I get way too far behind. While I was looking for Evan's stuff I thought I would try to find stuff for Caleb's album. It seriously pisses me off that it is IMPOSSIBLE to find an album for a baby that has died. Everything is "baby's first year" and "baby's first steps" BLAH BLAH BLAH!! Well guess what???? MY baby didn't even CRY. He never opened his eyes! Hell, he doesn't have a birth certificate for that matter. But I DID manage to find a few stickers for his book that mention angels or have bears sleeping on the moon. Guess it's a good thing that so many people refer to their living babies as angels or I wouldn't have found that much. It just sucks. It's yet ANOTHER way our babies don't get the recognition they deserve. It's bad enough that all I have to put in an album are a 1 roll of film and a decorative birth certificate, but then I can't even find a special album for him. I have a plain brown photo album. It was a gift from the church, and I DO appreciate it. But I want something more.

2 Comments:

At 6:14 AM, Blogger laura said...

thanks for your encouraging note on my blog. i just read yours and am glad to see you blogging. i know blogging has been by far the most helpful thing i've done to work out my grief.

 
At 8:40 AM, Blogger Wendy Orrison and Holly Snyder said...

I completely understand about the scrapbooks. I'm not even a scrapbooker, but decided to do so to commemorate/recognize/remember Isaac's birth. Damn Michael's... As a result, my book is very simple. I sort of like it that way. It's only for me, so I don't need the frilly stuff. It's just nice to put his pictures, footprints, ultrasounds, etc. into something special to me and DH.
Have a great weekend.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home