Monday, May 16, 2005

Thoroughly Disgusted

OK so we went to Toys r Us to look for a swim vest for Evan. They didn't have anything that would fit him (they all slipped easily over his head) so we decided to go to the card outlet next door to look for a card for a friend from mom's church. Her son was stillborn 3 days before his scheduled c-section. They had scheduled the c-section because her son was breech, but he turned and she went into labor, and when she got to the hospital, he was gone. Soooo much like how Caleb died. So anyway, her son's birthday is June 6th. His first birthday. So I wanted to get her a card to let her know that he is not forgotten. This is the dilemma, what KIND of card do you send? It's not exactly a HAPPY birthday for anyone involved. I have done this before with other angel mom's so I headed for the Thinking of you cards. Well of course all the congratulations and baby shower cards are RIGHT THERE. But that is not what has me so freakin annoyed. The thing that pisses me off, is the lack of cards that have ANYTHING to do with the death of a child or loss of a baby, BUT there are PLENTY of cards for loss of a PET. Don't get me wrong, I have had dogs, and have lost dogs, and yes they were like my kids, BUT it's still not as devastating as losing Caleb. No where NEAR as devastating. But why can't that be RECOGNIZED??? Because people would rather live in their happy little imaginary world where everything is perfect. UGH UGH UGH!!!

1 Comments:

At 10:08 PM, Blogger Jillian said...

I know what you mean...I love bursting people's 'rainbow bubbles'! How mean of me, but I do it so nicely they don't even realise what's happening.

Were there any blank cards with nice pictures on the front? Then you could out a lovely poem in there and it would be absolutely perfect and approriate. It's a beautiful gesture that you are remembering him. I bet very few people will do anything at all.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home