Tuesday, August 16, 2005

I am so tired today it's not even funny. I would do anything for a nap. Unfortunately, Evan doesn't seem to feel the same way. He fought me tooth and nail to take a nap, and I finally got him to sleep for 45 minutes. He does AWESOME at night, but the naps are just getting so hard to deal with.

I have Austin for the next 4 days. He's been really good so far today. Since last week his mom has started to feed him solids (no one told her he could have them, and he's 6 months old.) I fed him a jar of bananas earlier and he ate them like it was the greatest thing on earth. The kid was starving on just bottles. His mom really needs someone to help her out. She just has no clue.

I temped this morning, but it was at 4:45 and I am not totally sure I got 3 hours of sleep. I couldn't fall asleep for the longest time, and once I did, we got the thunderstorm from hell. It lasted for almost an hour. I was just praying with each clap of thunder that Evan wouldn't wake up. He slept right through it. Dh woke me up when he was getting ready for work, and I felt like I had had 5 minutes of sleep. I can't WAIT for 6:30 tonite when they get home.......

1 Comments:

At 3:46 PM, Blogger lorem ipsum said...

I've gone back three months to when you first took in Austin. It sounds like he's teetering on the brink of neglect. Why isn't this mother watching him? Why isn't he getting enough to eat? I suspect she never sees him long enough to know when he's hungry.

Something's really wrong. Tell me again how you wound up raising this woman's child?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home