Monday, September 26, 2005

Things here have gotten increasinly insane, and by the end of the day when I get a minute to post, I am too exhausted to even consider typing it all out. Austin's mom gets more and more inconsiderate every day, and is pretty damn lucky she hasn't found herself out on her ass yet. She managed to get here in time on Friday morning for us to get to Evan's dr appointment (although we were pretty late) and it has gone down hill from there. Austin had shots on Friday (did I mention he had a dr appointment too? I can't remember) so he was fussy all day. She took him to see his daddy, so they were gone the majority of the day, but when she got here, she wasted no time getting on my nerves.

I was on the phone with mom telling her how Evan's appointment went (I will get to that in a minute) and I walked into the kitchen to see I.M. giving her son EVAN'S tylenol. I assumed that since my dh was sitting right there, that he had told her it was ok, but when I asked later, he said she just got up and got it out of the cabinet. I went back to the cabinet, got the unopened bottle of tylenol, and the unopened bottle of motrin, and hid them both.

Yesterday morning I opened the fridge to get Evan a snack, and she has eaten ALL of Evan's cheese sticks.

Saturday morning, austin woke up at 6am screaming. When I went in there to get him, Evan heard me and also woke up. So I got Austin, and took him downstairs to his mommy. She was sitting in the dark eating one of Evan's cheese sticks. I plopped Austin down on her. She looked at me like "What?" and I just said "Austin woke up screaming, now Evan's up" and I went back upstairs. I got Evan and put him in my bed with me and dh, and we just hung out for a little while. Then dh took Evan downstairs for his drink and breakfast, and let me sleep in some. Apparently while I was asleep, Evan was downstairs playing. Austin and his mom had fallen back to sleep on the couch, and Evan woke them up. I.M. woke up and YELLED at dh to "Shut him up!!!" and Evan ran to his daddy and grabbed his leg. Dh let it go saying she was asleep when it happened, but also told her she was NOT to yell at his child ever again, and pointed out the fact that she had scared him out of his mind. She went to Evan and hugged him and told him how sorry she was. She's lucky she still has a place to stay.

Yesterday I ended up digging one of Evan's old outfits out of the closet so Austin would have something clean to wear. He was filthy and none of his clothes were clean. Can you guess who had to wash his clothes?? I bet you can.

And you know, when she came home from work, and her child was dressed in Evan's clothes, she never said one word about it. Nothing. Not "I am so glad you have something for him to wear, I was going to was clothes tonite" or "I am so sorry, I didn't realize he didn't have any clean clothes.". Instead, she grabbed her camera, and took a pic of him, and then fed him without a bib, and got spaghetti all over the outfit. NONE of my son's old clothes are stained. I took very good care of his stuff so it could be used again (hopefully). He won't be wearing anything else of Evan's.

Oh and another thing, they have been here 3 weeks tomorrow. Wanna guess how many baths she has given him? ONE. I have given him 2, and dh has given him 1. GROSS.

So you see how well she takes care of her kid. And why I have a hard time just telling her to get out. Who would take care of him if dh and I didn't?

But enough about her. I know several of you had asked about Evan's appointment. It went pretty well. The Army hospital is an odd experience, but I did like the Dr., so that's a good thing. When you sign in, the receptionist tells you to strip your kid to the diaper. I thought I must have heard her wrong at first, but then I looked around and there were little naked babies all over the room. Usually when the shorts come off, Evan takes his diaper off, but luckily he left it on this time. The rest of the appointment was routine. After calling the last office we went to to find out what his last vaccine was, we found out that he was totally up to date until he is 4, so he didn't get any shots. They did have him get his Iron levels checked, and while they were at it, they did a lead test. We had to take him to the lab, and they tied a tourniquet, and drew blood out of my baby's arm. It was HORRIBLE. He screamed his head off, the nurse had to blow in his face to get him to take a breath. Thank God dh was there with me, because I don't think I could have been the one to hold him down for that. The lab tech and the sergeant that were in there were both REALLY good, the sergeant held his arm without hurting him, and I thought SHE was going to cry. It was all over pretty quick, but that look on his face just broke my heart. I must have told him how sorry I was about 15 times. By the time we got outside, he was ready to walk to the car like a big boy. He's such a trooper.

I am once again sorry that I have fallen so far behind on blogs. I am working on getting caught up. Hopefully by tonite. I've got more to tell, but it will have to wait.

6 Comments:

At 12:58 PM, Blogger SWH said...

Sorry to hear you're still dealing with IM and a second baby. I hope you can all figure something out sooner rather than later. You really are doing a great job of dealing with all of this... very impressive... maybe some of your "good mom" behavior will rub off on IM.

 
At 6:26 PM, Blogger Kathy McC said...

You poor thing. It's so hard to just kick out IM when you KNOW that she doesn't take good care of Austin. It's very sad. Have you asked her to start paying rent? You might want to consider it especially since she's eating all your food and using your utilities. Maybe that will teach her to be a little more considerate.

So sorry you had to hear Evan cry during the appointment. I've been through the blood draws with Aaron before and it's a horrible experience. I am glad it's over.

Hope you get some rest.

 
At 8:15 PM, Blogger Jillian said...

Oh Julie:( I can understand why you can't ask her to leave given her attitude towards caring for her baby. But MY GAWD! She is EVIL. Can you contact the military about her? Do they have an internal social services type deal? And didn't they order her to find somewhere else to live? She just.doesn't.care. about anyone or anything but herself. And she's downright rude.

Also I'm sorry about having to cope with Evan's blood draw. I've had to do it with S and it takes two people to hold them down and another to draw the blood. Very traumatic for everyone involved:( You did well ((hugs))

 
At 9:51 PM, Blogger laura said...

i cannot help myself - i must give you some assvice - THROW HER OUT! DO IT ALREADY!

she has to go. she is ruining your life and your family's life. you should not tolerate her presence ONE MOMENT LONGER!

and don't worry about her son. she doesn't take care of him because she doesn't have to. she knows what a good person you are and that you will do it. if she has to leave, she will find someone else to take care of her son.

 
At 9:37 AM, Blogger lorem ipsum said...

I know the CO told your DH to get her out of there. Any progress on her base housing?

Sending you hugs!

 
At 5:50 PM, Blogger MB said...

I'm sorry to hear things are so tough. Whan an inconsiderate woman. You have so much more patience than I. That poor little baby. It breaks my heart that she has this little guy and doesn't care for him when so many of us would give our right arm for a baby to love. You're a very strong and loving woman to keep it up. Hugs.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home