Monday, September 12, 2005

Frustration

The boys are both in bed. Evan is screaming at the top of his lungs. Something he has been doing since around 4 this afternoon. It's been tantrum after tantrum. It just took 30 minutes to get a diaper on him. And I think I am honestly hurt now. My shoulder is killing me. I tried to hold him and talk to him and try to get him to calm down, and it got worse. I just didn't know what to do, so I just sat him down on the floor. Then he climbs up on me, still screaming, like he wants me to hold him and comfort him, but won't actually LET me hold him. So I held him down the best I could, put his diaper and pajamas on him, and stuck him in bed. I couldn't comfort him, so no point in going up to try now that he is screaming in the crib. Ugh I wish I knew what was going on with him. I hate myself for losing my patience with him. I don't think he felt good today, he woke up this morning 2 hours early (5am!!!). I am EXHAUSTED. Thank God dh is off tomorrow (so is I.M.) so hopefully I will get a LITTLE break. I am starting to feel a little like a slave. Only now I am cleaning up after 2 other adults, and 2 babies. UGH.

2 Comments:

At 9:21 PM, Blogger Jillian said...

I don't know about you, but S does this almost every day at the moment and while it's happening I feel so absolutely worthless and angry and just plain awful:(

And then they smile and give you a cuddle and it's all better for just a minute or two - until the next thing ticks them off.

I have found that the 'terrible twos' actually start at around 18 months so please know that he WILL pass through this even if it is utter hell. It's no small feat to survive this stage of development so cut yourself some slack. You are doing what most anyone else would do.

((((((HUGS))))))

 
At 8:13 AM, Blogger Catherine said...

Sometimes it's the best thing to let them scream it out for a while and give yourself some breathing room. Hang in there.

I hope you get a BIG break today.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home