Thursday, September 08, 2005

So so so so so tired today. I really didn't want to get out of bed this morning when I heard Evan wake up. And of course when he woke up, so did Austin. Dh is still working on his days off, and so is Austin's mom. Dh hasn't had a day off in 2 and a half weeks, and it's wearing him down.

Austin's mom went out last night with a friend. She asked me if it was ok, and if I would watch Austin. I told her (honestly) that I had no problem watching Austin, he was going to be in bed anyone, so it's not like he was much work. I DID tell her that I thought going out was a bad idea though. I told her that depending on how dirty her dh wants to play, he can find a way to use ANYTHING against her. I pointed out that she really needs to lay low and be on her best behaviour, but she didn't seem to care. Her point was that at least she left Austin somewhere where he was safe and well taken care of. God she's got to get her head out of her ass. So anyway, after coming and asking "Are you mad at me?" she left to go out to a bar that she always went to before (and not far from her house) and stayed out until 3am.

But her being gone gave dh and I some time to talk. I stayed up until 1am talking to him. We talked alot about her, and how her being here is probably going to stress us out and that we need to try to remember we have extra stress and not to take it out on each other. Things really ARE better now though. Not ALL better, but better.

Evan got his first scraped knee yesterday. Amazingly, he didn't care AT ALL. We were outside sweeping up all the sawdust on the patio, and he kept taking the broom and dustpan. Well the broom of course is way too long for him, so it knocked him off balance, and he hit the cement. His wrist was scraped up, and so was his knee. He cried a little, and I picked him up to inspect his cuts, and he wouldn't even let go of the broom. So I put him back down and he went right back to sweeping. Blood and all. That kid is amazingly tough. It's crazy. And he is going to give me a heart attack by the time I am 30.

I'm sorry I have been such a bad blogger. I really need to get caught up, but it just doesn't seem to be possible right now. If something big happens, someone comment on my blog so I will know (please lol). Hopefully I will get caught back up tonite.

4 Comments:

At 4:01 AM, Blogger Jillian said...

Don't get caught up tonight...just go to bed early!! You have got a shitty situation on at the moment:( Maybe a bubble bath before an early night might make it a little better!

And yay for Evan - what a toughnut! It's nice to know they can stand a little rough and tumble and come out of it ok.

 
At 8:14 AM, Blogger laura said...

sorry you've had such a crappy week, but i'm glad you and your dh had a long talk. good talks can only help things. good luck.

 
At 5:49 PM, Blogger Anna said...

(((hugs))) Thanks for always being so kind and supportive. You are wonderful. I don't know if I could open up my home to others the way you do. Get some rest and take care of yourself!!

 
At 6:50 PM, Blogger Jillian said...

How are things going with your houseguests? Hope you are surviving:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home