Sunday, October 02, 2005

I had a much needed day with my boy. We went shopping and got him some new clothes. He needed stuff for fall, and since dh wasn't back home yet, I thought it was a way to get out of the house. I wanted to get his pics taken, but didn't have an appointment, and the wait without one was over an hour (NOT trying that with an 18 month old!) I managed to get him 4 pairs of pants and a few shirts. And I finally found him a halloween costume. It's a purple monster thing, and it's absolutely HILARIOUS on him. He thought it was pretty funny too when I put it on him. I will try to get a pic of him in it tomorrow. I put him in jeans (even though it was in the upper 70's here today) and it was so funny. He stodd up, and tried to pull them up (he hasn't worn jeans in MONTHS) to his knees, and then when he tried to walk, he wouldn't bend his legs. It was too cute. I can't imagine being able to forget what it feels like to wear pants, but I guess that's what happened.

After we went shopping, we came home and he ate lunch, and then went to take a nap. AND I GOT TO TAKE ONE TOO. I can't tell you how much I needed that nap. It was so nice to be able to take care of what MY son needed and then be DONE.

So now I sit here trying to figure out if Brandi is going to bother showing up tonite or not. She told me when she came to get Austin on Saturday that she would be back tonite before the kids' bedtime. That was 3 hours ago. I guess that whole consideration talk went REAL far with her. She hasn't bothered to call or anything. Her and dh both have to work at 6am, and it's after 11 now. She has until midnight, and then I am going to bed.

Dh got to spend some time with Caleb when he went to SC. I got him to bring a couple of things to Caleb's grave for me. God I miss not being able to go see him. I know he isn't there, but I need to make sure his grave is ok. I need to be able to see that for myself. I know my mom checks on things, and she changes the flowers when they start to look faded, and changes out all of the toys and pinwheels (he has a ton of stuff out there) but it's not the same as seeing it for myself. And it's not the same sending stuff for him through other people. I want to be able to bring things to him myself.

My best friend wants us to come back down to SC next weekend. I am not sure that is going to happen though. I would like to go, but we really don't have ANY extra money. We would be able to stay with her, but that doesn't cover food, and gas. And it's 7 hours to where she lives instead of the 5 to where we used to live. That 2 extra hours just makes the trip sound that much more of a pain. We will see how the week goes I guess. It WOULD be nice to get away.

2 Comments:

At 1:09 AM, Blogger Jillian said...

Did she come back?

Also, i am sorry you are missing Caleb and tending to his grave:(

 
At 4:31 PM, Blogger MB said...

I'm so glad you got a break. Caleb is so lucky to have a mommy who loves him so much.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home