Saturday, October 01, 2005

Peace at last.....

I finally got to talk to IM. I called her last night around 1:30 and asked if she planned to come back. She had supposedly just gotten back to her house after taking a load of her furniture to a friend's house for storage. Not so sure I believe that, but whatever. She said she had to go in to work this morning for training, and asked me if I wanted her to come back now, or in the morning. I told her to wait until morning because I just didn't want to wait up any longer. Then she said that she was going to come get Austin tomorrow and keep him with her for most of the day. I told her I thought that was a good idea. Then she said something about missing him, and I said, well I would imagine you do miss him, you have hardly seen him in days. We got off the phone, and as soon as I hung up, she called back. "I just have one more question." So I said what? And she said "Are you ok? Or are you just that tired?" I said I was tired, but that we would talk more today when she got here. She seemed like she was a little worried, and said are you sure? I told her that I was ok, but that we needed to talk. I told her I wasn't mad or anything, just that we needed to talk about some stuff. I just didn't want to get into it on the phone.

So today, the kids got up, and I made Austin's bottle (his last little bit of formula) and waited. If she had to go in for training, she should have been done by 10, and here by 10:45 at the latest. She didn't show up. By 2:00 pm, she still wasn't here, and Austin was screaming for a bottle. I tried to get him to eat some babyfood, but he didn't want that. So eventually I made him a bottle of juice, and called his mom. She was pulling in to the parking lot. As soon as she came in, she said she was so sorry that I have ended up with Austin so much, and she really didn't mean for it to happen that way. I told her that I just felt like I was being taken advantage of, and that not once has anyone asked me if *I* had anything I wanted to do, or anywhere I needed to go. She honestly sounded sorry, and like she didn't realize how much she really HAD been taking advantage of me. I truely think she just wasn't thinking about it at all. I told her that I understood that she was going through a rough time, and that she had alot she needed to get done, but that I needed some time for MY family. She said that she was going to pick up Austin's pack and play from another friend's house (the one that used to babysit him) and that they were going to stay somewhere else for the night to give me a break. She also finally gave me some money. She said they would be back tomorrow night right before the kids' bedtime so that I would have the whole day with Evan to do what I wanted.

Generally, I feel better about things. I just wanted some consideration. That's all I was asking for. I think maybe she truely realizes what she has been doing, and I THINK she is going to make an effort to straighten it out. I'm not holding my breath though. We will see what happens.

4 Comments:

At 8:42 PM, Blogger lorem ipsum said...

Is EVERYTHING gone? Change the locks. She's so irresponsible, the next time she leaves Austin with you she may not come back.

 
At 8:49 PM, Blogger Julie said...

Eve, she left all of her stuff here. She just packed enough stuff for her and her son for tonite and tomorrow. She doesn't have a key. We wouldn't let her have one so we still had SOME control over our apartment. Alot of good THAT did.

 
At 8:53 AM, Blogger lorem ipsum said...

Rats.

 
At 1:06 AM, Blogger Jillian said...

Well done on talking to her! If she stuffs up now, it's not like she hasn't been given fair warning right?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home