Thursday, September 29, 2005

My son is DETERMINED to kill me. Seriously. I see heart failure in my future.

Today dh left for SC. While he was upstairs getting ready, Evan was his little shadow. It was too sweet really. Anyway, when dh came downstairs, Evan followed a little behind, and at some point fell. I am not sure how many stairs he fell down, but it doesn't matter. I heard that thump, and my heart stopped. He was fine. I think it scared him more than anything else. God I hate that ceramic tile at the bottom of the stairs though!

So then, not too long after that, he decided to climb up on a 12 pack of bottled water to reach things on the kitchen counter. Once again, I heard a thump, I went in to see what had happened, and he had a big knot on his forehead.

And tonite he discovered it's FUN to climb up on the couch and dive back off HEAD FIRST. Over and over. He did this for over 30 minutes. That one was actually kind of funny, although it scared the crap out of me every time he did it.

So that brings us up to bedtime. Austin was screaming (his mom is at her house packing) so I was busy trying to calm him down. I looked over at Evan, and he is standing on the OUTSIDE of the stairs (wrong side of the railing) and has leaned through the railing, and is STUCK. So I had to put Austin down, and wiggle my son back through the railing. Then as soon as I got back to pick Austin up, Evan is climbing up the stairs. I look over just in time to see him DIVE HEAD FIRST. He is FINE, but scared the crap out of me. I don't know how we haven't ended up in the ER yet. He's in bed now, but I almost expect this to be the night he climbs out of the crib, and of course hits the floor head first. The night is far from over.......

No wonder I have so much grey hair.

3 Comments:

At 6:54 AM, Blogger Kathy McC said...

Welcome to the joys of having a boy...they are little stunt artists aren't they?

 
At 7:12 AM, Blogger Julie said...

I still remember a trip to the ER wherein they asked me to step outside the door while they asked Josh to tell them how he got hurt, in his own words. This, because he had multiple injuries in various stages of healing,(including blisters on his fingertips from touching a hot lightbulb - twice - "just because"). Honest. Thankfully, no fractures anywhere, or else I might not be here today...
Boys!

 
At 7:51 AM, Blogger Jillian said...

Hey, it ain't just boys, let me tell ya! I have had the ambulance and been to the ER more times than I would ever have liked to. E has done the stair/bannister trick. I laughed at that on my way to rescuing her!

But can I tell you, the diving off the sofa 300 times in a row gets REALLY OLD, REALLY FAST!! I yell at both my kids (yup one is 5, that's how long I've been yelling!) to stop jumping off the furniture!

I hope you have a quiet night...and welcome to the mothers of adrenalin resistant kids club!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home