Wednesday, December 21, 2005

A Day of Firsts

We took Evan to get his first hair cut today. Yes, he is 21 months old and this is his first hair cut. He finally GOT hair. Anyway, he did a REALLY good job. We took him to Cartoon Cuts, and he got to watch Blue's Clues while he was getting his cut. The girl that did it was really good with him. He freaked out about the clippers, so it's not as short as daddy would have liked, and there is one little spot that is kind of uneven, but other then that, it looks pretty good. My boy is getting so big. I did ok, but there was a couple of times I thought I would cry. It's weird, because usually when it's a big moment for Evan, he is all I think of. Today, all I could think of was Caleb.

After the hair cut, we wandered around the mall for awhile. We went into a sports store and were looking around when dh told me that "we are getting a bear." I looked at him like he had lost his mind, and he held up a little green bear that had Caleb written across the tummy. We got the bear. No idea why it was in the sports store, but it was, and we got it.

When we were leaving the mall, we took Evan by the Merry go Round. He got his first ride. He loved it!! I hope the pics came out. (I had the camera with me for the first hair cut.)

Then we left the mall and went through a park here in town. They had a HUGE Christmas light display (100 miles of lights supposedly). Evan sat in the carseat saying "light light" over and over. No idea why he always says light twice, but he does. We got home late, and he pretty much had to go straight to bed. Poor little guy was worn out, but he had a good day. And so did we.

2 Comments:

At 1:39 PM, Blogger laura said...

do you think he says "light light" because of the word "nightlight? my sister used to call light "night night" because she couldn't say her Ls and maybe because she got saying "nighty-night" associated with "night light" and from there with lights in general. i don't know. just a guess. but it sounds cute!

 
At 9:45 AM, Blogger Catherine said...

Can't wait to see the pictures (hint, hint).

And I know why the bear was there...and it makes me smile.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home