Tuesday, December 13, 2005

First Christmas

Someone emailed this poem to me. Eventhough it's not Caleb's first Christmas, I still thought I would share.

FIRST CHRISTMAS
It can't possibly be christmas
without him being here
yet the world is singing round me
joyful tidings and good cheer
though I try to put on armor
and brave the sights & sounds
a few moments worth of shopping
and the tears are spilling down
I pray for strength to do it
find a path thru the hollidays
look for short cuts, good ideas
some directions through the maze
then I find at last the answer
I'll include him symbolically
and the giving becomes perfect
His love's flowing down thru me
~Genesse Bourdeau Gentry

1 Comments:

At 10:52 PM, Blogger Catherine said...

In my saner moments I would think that's a beautiful poem. But mostly I just think, "I'm sorry, that's just not enough." I guess I'm selfish.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home