Saturday, February 18, 2006

Snow

When those first flakes started falling earlier today, I was torn. Part of me wanted it to go away, because dh had to work tonite, which meant he would have to drive 20 miles at some point, and well, let's face it people, we both lived in SC for the majority of our lives. We both have VERY limited experience driving in any kind of snow or ice, and pretty much avoid it if at all possible. But the other part of me wanted it to stick. Desperately. Guess that goes back to being from SC too. Evan has never seen snow STICK to the ground. He saw some flakes last weekend, but it was melting as soon as it hit the ground so he didn't get to play in it or anything. (he just stood at the back door saying "Whoa!" over and over). So when it started to stick, I was thrilled, but also in the middle of making a pot of chilli. I decided that I would finish the chilli, then take Evan outside to play a little before dh had to get ready to go to work. Well, in the 45 minutes or so that it took us to get ready, the snow turned to sleet, and the accumulation on the ground was melting fast. Damn it. We suited Evan up anyway, and we walked to Blockbuster (we had some movies that were really overdue!) Evan couldn't have been happier, walking to blockbuster with us, no stroller, and the snow/ sleet coming down on us. On the way back, I taught him how to stomp in the puddles. We were both SOAKED when we got back to the apartment. God how I wish I would have gotten to show Caleb how to stomp in the puddles too.

2 Comments:

At 2:47 AM, Blogger Anam Cara said...

Caleb should have been there too. I am so sorry he wasn't. Big (((hugs))) (and FYI - I responded to your previous two posts as well so read below).

 
At 9:57 AM, Blogger kate said...

(((((((hugs)))))) Wish Caleb was stomping too.....oddly enough this is one of the things i really viscerally missed also...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home