Saturday, August 20, 2005

Ok, what the hell is with the spammers???? And anyone know how we get rid of them?? The last one I got said they would be reading my blog often or some crap like that. Great, spammer stalkers. UGH, how annoying!!

I just wanted you all to know that you all really mean alot to me. I have only been blogging a couple of months, but the support I have gotten from each of you has just been staggering. It is always nice to be reminded that you aren't alone. And it's nice to have someone to listen to you complain and encourage you. (seems like I have been pretty good at the complaining part lately)

Sometimes I get discouraged when I post because I am not the most creative person, and I am definately not a writer. I feel so uneducated sometimes that I am almost embarassed to post. Every time I feel that way though, someone sends an encouraging comment my way, and I feel a little better about it all. I guess being nothing but a stay at home mom (hahaha) can kind of make you question your worth to everyone else. I wouldn't change it for the world though.

Oh, and not sure what the deal was with the baby monitor. It was on the voice mode, so it was off unless there was a noise, and it just kept clicking on. Most of the time there really WASN'T any noise. Just the monitor clicking on and off. Weird.

Not sure what is going on with the sore boobs. Not sure if they ARE sore to be honest. I can't tell if it was imagined or what. I would notice if they were bigger though. I am not even an A cup after breastfeeding Evan for a year!! My temp was down a little this morning, but that was also at 6am. This chart is so screwed up with all the different times that I got to take my temp, I am not really relying on it. I guess we will see what happens in the next few days. Lets see how long I can last before running to get a test.

6 Comments:

At 10:45 PM, Blogger Natalie said...

Being a SAHM is a really hard job! Much harder than going to work, I think. I stayed home until my youngest was ready for school & wouldn't change those years for anything.

 
At 2:47 PM, Blogger Anam Cara said...

I wish I knew how to get rid of the spammers - I find them incredibly rude! Sorry they have invaded your blog. I am not much of a writer Julie, so I know how you feel about posting. But it doesn't matter - we aren't doing this to win a literary prize! And I agree, it is just nice to know there are people who'll listen to us complain and support us however they can. And what do you mean "being nothing but a SAHM"??? You are doing a tough and very demanding job, so don't belittle yourself!! Evan and Caleb are lucky to have you as their mom.

 
At 3:24 PM, Blogger Anna said...

I get it too, and I HATE IT!!! Grrr...Anyway, you are precious and sweet and I love reading your blog. :) Just had to let you know. And being a SAHM is the best job in the world. I wish I could be one, but there's just no way right now. Evan and Caleb are so lucky to have you!
(((hugs)))

 
At 6:06 PM, Blogger Jillian said...

OMG, are you kidding about JUST being a SAHM??? I know, the world makes you feel like that, like somehow your brains resided in the placenta and were lost at birth...but we all know that none of us have ever had a more challenging job than this. It is as hard as juggling a job and parenthood for so many reasons.

And you certainly don't come off as uneducated or a bad writer either:)

The thing that shines through most is your kindness and humanity, not to mention your impressive strength:)

And I have never had a baby monitor, but that's kinda freaky about it turning itself on and off!

 
At 8:57 AM, Blogger lorem ipsum said...

Go to Settings, then Comments. Check YES for 'Show word verification for comments?' That way everyone will have to type a word and automated spam programs won't be able to post.

It'll at least slow 'em down...

 
At 9:26 AM, Blogger Catherine said...

Oh hello! Prepare yourself for a pep talk. You and the other ladies around here are the ONLY reason I have survived the past three months. I was alone and sad and on the edge of losing my mind when I found you all. It's not about creative writing skills...it's about friendship and understanding. And my dear, you've got that in spades.

As for the SAHM business...I did it for 15 months...then I had to get out...for my own sanity. NEVER say "just a SAHM." There is no such thing as JUST a SAHM. And it doesn't make you lose your brain cells. It might make you lose your mind some days...but the brain cells are still there. :o)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home