Friday, December 23, 2005

I am a horrible, unappreciative person. I just got a package from a certain organization that helps with grieving the loss of a child. They sent things like a little ornament, handpainted with your baby's name on it, a candle, things like that. Little things to show you that other people are taking the time to think of your baby.

This is the problem. It all says "William" on it. Instead of being thankful that someone took the time to do that for me, and for my son, all I can think of is "that's not MY son's name". (And yes, it is Caleb's first name, but I never EVER think of him as William. I hate the name William, and the only reason we kept it is because dh is William, his father is William, and his grandfather is William. I agreed to use William, but it was not ever supposed to be what Caleb is called.) So, yes someone took the time to make this ornament, and little stocking with William on it so that my son would be recognized for the season, and I have an issue with it.

See, unappreciative.

4 Comments:

At 5:26 PM, Blogger Jillian said...

I dunno...it makes it seem pretty meaningless. Your boy just isn't William is he? Sure, it's nice what they do, but with the wrong name, even if it is the 'right' name, what's it supposed to mean to you?

 
At 9:39 PM, Blogger kate said...

You know i'm right there with you, with my Nicolas WITH NO H ....sigh. Our babies have so little of their own -- one of the few things they have is their name. So it does seem *so* important that people get it right. If he was alive, you would roll your eyes and not give it a second thought; if people got his name wrong.

 
At 9:25 AM, Blogger lorem ipsum said...

For what it's worth, I'm sure someone got Caleb's package too.

Sigh..

 
At 3:38 PM, Blogger kate said...

ACK what happened to my second comment? Stupid blogger! Oh heck, i will just tell you when i chat with you next time...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home