Monday, March 20, 2006

Someone Always Has to Ruin It

My mom just emailed me a little while ago. When we were home last time, I noticed a sign at the cememtary that said any objects not IN vases on graves will be removed March 15th. I told mom about it at the time and asked if she knew anything about it. She said she would call the manager and ask him about it. (We were told when Caleb was burried that they usually bend the rules for Babyland)If any of you have ever visited Caleb's website, you see that we keep TONS of stuff out there for him. Almost all of it is wired to the bottom of the vase so it can't blow away, but then we also have pinwheels, and windchimes beside the grave. My mom goes out there with scissors and cuts the grass around his stone so they don't have to get too close with the weed whacker.
So anyway, she talked to the manager, and apparently they really don't like all of the decorations because they are starting to make maintainence impossible (someone has glued a huge fish to the front of a stone, and now they can't mow around it for one example). Alot of people don't get stones, and they stick cones with flowers in the ground to mark a grave, or they don't have a vase with their stone, and they just place ceramic statues, etc. on the stones, then the wind blows them away, and they get run over by the mowers and damage them. One of these statues was run over by a mower, and thrown through a car window, where a child had been sitting just minutes before.
So, I get it, they want to protect themselves, legally, and they don't want to cause harm to people. But at the same time, they have taken away the ONE thing I can do for my son. Freaking lovely.

4 Comments:

At 7:04 PM, Blogger MB said...

Okay, I get it too, but it's still sad and I'm still going to ask why. It's not right.

 
At 8:35 PM, Blogger Kathy McC said...

(((hugs))) I am sorry. That just stinks.

 
At 8:36 PM, Blogger laura said...

that's so sucky. why does someone always ruin it for everyone else?

 
At 1:17 PM, Blogger kate said...

I'm sorry. It is just not fair.

Perhaps they should have rules about what is allowed and what is not? None of the things you have on Caleb's grave could realistically cause anyone harm.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home