Friday, April 07, 2006

I Met Someone, and Irresponsible Mom Strikes Again

Last night dh called me on his way home from work. When he got to his car, he noticed that he had a voice mail, so he checked it. It was Irresponsible mom. She said that she needed to talk to me about her custody case, on MONDAY. This was Thursday night. You would think if you had a CUSTODY case, you would have your shit straight well in advance. I don't see that this case could have been a surprise for her. Anyway, she lives *4* doors down from us. If it was that important to her, she could have easily walked down here and knocked on the door. She didn't. And she hasn't called back. It's for the best. She doesn't want me telling a court what kind of mother she is. I don't want to have to tell about her bringing Austin here after he was with her all day at the house she was moving out of. He had been crawling around on the smoking porch all day, and literally, his legs and hands were BLACK. I wiped him off with baby wipes because I didn't want him touching any of Evan's stuff. She went upstairs to shower and get ready to go to a bar with some guy. I have tons of very similar stories. Nope, she doesn't want me in court.
-----------------

Today we were supposed to have a playdate with a mom's group I just recently joined. It was supposed to be really a nice day, but this morning, it was windy, and only about 60 degrees, and looked like it was going to rain at any moment. They cancelled the playdate, but dh and I decided to take Evan to the park anyway. We could always get back in the van and leave if it started to rain. It turned out to be a pretty good day to go. There were very few people there, so Evan could do what he wanted. We had been there a little while when a little girl (almost 3) came up to him and grabbed his hand and led him off to play. He wasn't so sure he liked it at first, but then they warmed up to each other and started following each other around. It ended up where I was talking to the mom, while dh ran after the kids. The mom had her hands full with a new baby (I think he was 3 months). Anyway, we sat and talked for awhile, and I found out that she is also a military wife, and new to the area. She didn't know anyone at all. So we ended up exchanging emails and phone numbers, and I honestly hope that we can get together again. We were both such dorks, so excited to meet someone. Could I actually be starting to have a few friends??

1 Comments:

At 5:07 PM, Blogger Treggles said...

Could I actually be starting to have a few friends?

I do hope so, Julie. You can never have too many friends.

Unlike irresponsible moms.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home