Tuesday, May 02, 2006

I guess you could add me to the list of abandoned blogs. I didn't mean to leave my blog hanging like this. It's just that I have no life, and how many times can you write the same things over and over again? Dh hasn't been working nights either, and I don't usually post when he's home.

Not too much going on here. I managed to finally make an appointment for my annual. I was supposed to have my last one in Aug. of 2005 actually. I have been putting it off since we moved because of my anxiety issues, honestly. I was terrified to call the insurance company and find out how I needed to get an appointment, or who I needed to go to. The good news is that with an annual, I didn't have to get a referral, and basically I was allowed to just call around until I found someone that was taking patients, and just make an appointment. Sounded easy enough, but I know better. The thing is, I have experience with exactly 2 dr's, and the first one was horrible. That, and the fact that I have heard horror story after horror story of dr's that could have prevented losses, but they weren't willing to listen, or the way they had absolutely no compassion when the loss was happening, so I KNOW what kind of dr I could potentially end up with, and it scares the shit out of me. Another reason I kept putting the appointment off was that I kept thinking "well I will be pg soon anyway, so no reason to make the appointment, and then have to change the type of appointment it is". Yeah, feel free to laugh now.

So, anyway, I was hoping to find a female dr, but that is apparently impossible. I was finally told that once I was an established patient, then I could change, but if I am not pg, there isn't a lot I can do about it. Sooo, apointment is June 5th, and it's with a male dr. And I am already scared shitless. And it's JUST an annual.

The practice I am going to handles fertility and high risk pg, so in theory, I shouldn't have to go anywhere else. I was told I had to get a referral for anything fertility related, but I am still hoping and praying that it doesn't come to that. We are getting so close to that year mark though.....

Everything else around here is just the same old same old. Evan's had some horrible days (he was in time out at least 5 times one day this past weekend) but he has also had some good ones. He was really sweet today, and didn't seem to get too upset about anything.

Our dryer has been broken for over a week now. We have wet clothes hanging all over the place (why is it that when you have a broken dryer, your kid goes through at least 3 pairs of pants in ONE day??) Maintainence is horrible here. There is ONE guy that seems like he knows what he is doing, and that's not the one that showed up. I called last Thursday to tell them it was broken (dh didn't bother to tell me when he realized his clothes weren't drying 2 days earlier). They showed up Friday around 3:30. He claimed that the part needed to be ordered, and he had no clue when it would show up. Longer story short, we are STILL waiting.

So yeah, things are boring.

4 Comments:

At 8:52 PM, Blogger Catherine said...

Boring can be good too, ya know. I miss ya! :o)

 
At 7:35 AM, Blogger Kathy McC said...

Glad you're still here! Sucks about the dryer...Aaron goes through several pairs of pants a day, too. Yikes.

 
At 8:04 AM, Blogger kate said...

I am glad you got the appointment!

A doctor is a doctor -- male or female. It is more important that he is kind and compassionate, so we will see. It is very very difficult, to march into a new doctor's office and have to go through all your history, and never know how they are going to react. I hope it goes well for you.

 
At 9:45 PM, Blogger laura said...

i understand - it's hard to feel motivation to write what feels like the same thing over and over again. but i want to know when things are boring, too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home