Thursday, November 02, 2006

Because I don't want to be you

From Caleb's guestbook on his website:

Hey there....I saw the link in your sig at Cmoms. I read your story and I am deeply touched and my complete sympathies go out to you. Even though I am in my second pregnancy (I have a 2yo daughter), I still worry quite a bit about things like this and despite what my OB tells me, you story proves that things like this DO happen. Now I don't feel so bad for bugging the crap out of them when I am worried about something. Thank you for sharing your story!


Glad to be an exapmle. I really could have done without this person bothering to sign his guestbook. WTF is wrong with people??

7 Comments:

At 3:54 PM, Blogger Kathy McC said...

That person obviously didn't read what she wrote before she sent it. I am sure she thought she was being supportive, but it came off TOTALLY wrong. Yikes.

 
At 6:32 PM, Blogger delphi said...

When C. was stillborn, we got a message from someone in town who had a 2nd trimester loss that said "we are glad to know that this happened to someone else and not just us". This message on Caleb's memorial site would be about the same level of insanity of compassionlessness (new word), don't you think?

WTF???

 
At 10:16 PM, Blogger Bon said...

funny, i just found your site tonight, and just this afternoon had one of those encounters. we lost our firstborn in April of 2005, and this spring had a healthy baby boy. today, i happened to meet someone i haven't seen in years, who had heard about F's death through the tragedy glutton grapevine, apparently. she said, "oh, i was so happy when i heard you'd had a replacement."

exact words.

people really don't know how to talk about or deal with death in our society...and i know that. and i think talking to people who've lost children makes many all nervous. but still. i'm really sorry you got that comment. nobody needs that much salt in a wound, and nobody needs to be somebody's reason to feel better about their own life.

i blog at cribchronicles.com and would welcome your company over there. :)

 
At 11:44 AM, Blogger kate said...

Yeah, really. Sheesh. Delphi -- good new word!!

 
At 10:07 PM, Blogger Laura said...

yuck.

 
At 12:09 PM, Blogger Emma's Mum said...

some people really have no clue......

 
At 4:53 PM, Blogger Roxanne said...

That message is almost funny. Almost. The cluenessless of it amuses me.

Delphi's commenter...I could sort of see myself writing something like that. Ooops. Maybe she meant that it was good to know they weren't alone?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home