Thursday, November 30, 2006

On a positive note.....

My dr's visit on Tuesday went well. I was really nervous about it because of the GTT test, and meeting a new dr. Well, I still don't have the results of the GTT (they were supposed to call to schedule the 3 hour test if I failed, and I haven't heard anything at all yet. Hopefully that is a good sign)The new dr seemed like a really nice guy. I asked about NST's and told him that my first son was stillborn (still not used to having to tell SOMEONE about that at EVERY appointment, instead of my old dr's office where they all knew me and my story). He actually came over to me, put his hand on my shoulder, and told me how sorry he was, and seemed to actually MEAN it. He seemed like a very compassionate person actually, which seems to be rare in a dr. Anyway, he said that they have no problem at all with doing NST's, and that they usually start them around 34 weeks. That seems pretty late to me, but he said that they could start them earlier if I needed them for peice of mind. I will definately push MY dr when I see him on the 14th to start them earlier, because 34 weeks seems TOO far away.

On a different note though, we found out today that dh made First Class!! (his rank) It couldn't have come at a better time. He has worked his ass off for this and totally deserves it. Of course we have no idea when he will actually get his money for it, but it WILL eventually mean a raise. Hopefully that will mean we can afford to get a bigger place. We will see how it works out.

Things are good......

3 Comments:

At 11:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats to your husband on the promotion. I grew up around the military and know how hard they work for those.

Thank you for your post earlier today. We have been so blessed by so much support from friends, family and people like yourself. I am glad I have found people of similiar circumstances here.

For reference: My Dr.'s (Duke) have said for any sub. pregnancy they would start NSTs at 28 weeks and increase to 2x at 32wks.

 
At 9:02 AM, Blogger Julie said...

Samantha, when I was pg with Evan, I had the same dr I had when I was pg with Caleb. (Since then, we have moved 5 hours away, or I would have stayed with that same dr) We started NST's at 30 weeks and did them weekly. I think so far I am ok with them not starting yet, but when I go back on the 14th, I am definately talking to MY dr and trying to get them starting at 32 weeks. That's great that you already have a plan though for a subsequent pg. It makes ttc that much easier to face with a plan of action already in place.

 
At 9:22 AM, Blogger delphi said...

I would push for earlier NSTs, too. I started mine at 26 weeks.

Other than that, it sounds like things are going well for you. Congrats on the promotion!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home