Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Change of Plans

I had my 37 week appointment on Tuesday. It went well, with the baby still looking good, and passing her NST's. I am now 2cm dialated, so that's a good start for inducing. When I asked about my induction, and when I was supposed to be at the hospital though, we discovered a slight problem. The idiot who was supposed to actually schedule me never did. So now MY Dr. is booked for Wednesday the 7th, and there is no room for me. After a HUGE runaround (not worth typing it all out) I am not schediled to be induced Monday the 5th instead. MONDAY.

My in-laws have decided to stick with their plan of coming the 7th, which is good because I found out that the hospital stay up here is 2 days instead of the 24 hours after the birth that we stayed in SC when the boys were born. This 2 days thing REALLY bugs me, but I guess there isn't much I can do about it. I guess the worst part is the idea of leaving Evan that long. I have NEVER left him for longer than a couple of hours, and usually then, he was with dh, so he still had a parent with him. I know my mom will take excellent care of him, and they will have a blast (and don't forget how spoiled he will be!) but I am still really freaked out about being away from him.

Mom comes tomorrow. She decided to come a little early so we can get any of the last minute laundry etc. done, and so Evan can get used to her being here. (dh works over the weekend anyway, so it will be nice to have mom around to help)

The countdown is on.......

15 Comments:

At 3:32 PM, Blogger Catherine said...

Darn Blogger won't let me comment when I NEED to!

How exciting! Best wishes! Can't wait to "meet" the new little one. :o)

{{{hugs}}}

 
At 4:59 PM, Blogger Rosepetal said...

I wish you all the very best for Monday and I will be thinking of you.

 
At 4:26 PM, Blogger Anna said...

Any names yet??? I'm so anxious for you!!!!! Praying my guts out all goes well! (((hugs)))

 
At 4:46 PM, Blogger laura said...

MONDAY!!!! How exciting! I'll be thinking of you all.

 
At 1:17 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

Julie just wanted to stop by and wish you luck!! I'm very excited for you.

 
At 4:08 PM, Blogger Anam Cara said...

OMG, where have I been? That's tomorrow!!!! Oh wow. I wish you the very best of luck. Will be thinking of you and sending positive baby and labor vibes. Can't wait to hear the news of the safe arrival of your baby girl. Ahhhhhh! I am so excited for you. ((((hugs))))

 
At 9:11 AM, Blogger SWH said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!! That's today. Best wishes for you today!

 
At 11:43 AM, Blogger MB said...

Thinking of you today. Update when you can.

Hugs.

 
At 8:43 PM, Blogger Brenda said...

How exciting!!!!
Cant wait to hear how it all went.

Hugs
xxx

 
At 9:57 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

Happy Birthday baby girl!! Welcome to the world!!!

 
At 2:02 AM, Blogger Rosepetal said...

Got the news from Kate - congratulations! I'm so happy to hear of the safe birth of your little girl Lauren Gabrielle (what a beautiful name)

 
At 5:55 AM, Blogger Jillian said...

Congratulations Julie! What fantastic news, cn't wait for photos:)

 
At 9:57 AM, Blogger Laura said...

Just heard the news from Catherine! Congrats, Julie!! Welcome Lauren!!! I can't wait for pictures :)

 
At 1:41 AM, Blogger Samantha said...

Congrats...I didn't see a follow up blog and got a twinge of anxiety. Can't wait for pics and the details.

 
At 5:17 AM, Blogger Anam Cara said...

I am so relieved and so happy for you that Lauren Gabrielle is here. And I just love love love her name!!! It is beautiful, as I am sure she is.
Congratulations and wishing you a very speedy recovery Julie!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home