Thursday, January 25, 2007

Update, a little late

I have been having internet issues, so it's been too annoying trying to post anything. They came and fixed it today, so hopefully I can manage a post. We shall see.......

I had a dr appointment Monday. The baby is still looking good, and is still really low. I am 1cm dialated and 50% effaced. (not that that really means all that much) She slept through the first part of her NST AGAIN, so I had to drink some juice to get her going. I had very regular contractions on the monitor, but nothing the dr was really excited about (except for the fact that it gave him a chance to see the baby handles the contractions very well). The big new is we have a date!! I will be induced on Feb 7th!! Next appointment is Tuesday morning.

So now we can actually make some plans. Mom is coming up at some point to help me get things ready for the baby (and no, she still doesn't have a name) and then she will be here to watch Evan while we are at the hospital.

The terror of the whole thing is starting to really set in. I wake up at night and BEG the baby to move, and I can't go back to sleep until she does. There are times when I am absolutely convinced that she is NOT moving as much as she was, and I am scared out of my mind. I really don't want her to be born too early, but I want her HERE so I can see for myself that she is ok. And the funny thing is, I am not nearly as scared this time as I was with Evan. If I made it through with him, I am sure I can make it to the end with this baby too.

13 more days............

7 Comments:

At 8:52 PM, Blogger Catherine said...

February 8th is a fine birthday. :o)

 
At 9:48 PM, Blogger laura said...

oh, yea - a birthday! those nsts get nervewracking towards the end, don't they? they had to manipulate milo like crazy to get him to wake up towards the end - and then he would be mad and paw and snort like a little bull.

can't wait for your little girl to join us!

 
At 5:16 AM, Blogger Anam Cara said...

Wow, only 13 days. Holy shit. I remember vividly how scary those last weeks are. Hope baby girl remains active and will be thinking if you both.

 
At 3:10 PM, Blogger kate said...

Yay you got to post! I am counting down the days!!

 
At 4:33 PM, Blogger Jillian said...

Waiting (and fidgeting) in excitment. You will make it there ok, even if your are on the delivery table bald, having ripped every last hair out:)

 
At 10:09 PM, Blogger Brenda said...

Julie, I hope the next 13 days go nice and smoothly for you all. I'm sure you wont be truly calm till you have your little girl in your arms.

I read a few of your old posts. And I love the photo of your beautiful boy Caleb.
I also lost a baby - Zak- (May 06) through a few different events but they started with what the Dr's think was him squashing his cord. So I understand how hard its been for you.
I truly hope I have the strength you have to do it all over again.
I can only imagine how worried you would have been through your pregnancy.
Cant wait to hear the name you pick for your new bundle!

Hugs Brenda

 
At 8:33 AM, Blogger Roxanne said...

I've been checking your blog a lot waiting to see if she came yet! You can do it. I'm very excited for you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home